Thru Glass

bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
edited January 26, 2013 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• kixsandkixsand Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2013
    1. I love the stare down the gentleman is sending your way - and, yes, "You Deserve It".

2. Your subject is complicit in the shot but naturally so. He's got a really great look to him - a lot of humour in that smile.
    Darren
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2013
    kixsand wrote: »
    1. I love the stare down the gentleman is sending your way - and, yes, "You Deserve It".

2. Your subject is complicit in the shot but naturally so. He's got a really great look to him - a lot of humour in that smile.

Happy to see you enjoyed.
  • superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2013
    Each photo is filled with sincerity. They both made me smile but for different reasons. I like them both a lot. The first one immediately brought Harvey Keitel to mind. He's made a career with that scowl. The second one exudes warmth.
    Accidents and Inspiration
    One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..
    edited January 24, 2013
    superduckz wrote: »
    Each photo is filled with sincerity. They both made me smile but for different reasons. I like them both a lot. The first one immediately brought Harvey Keitel to mind. He's made a career with that scowl. The second one exudes warmth.

Thanks for that!
    Harvey is one of my Favs :D
    He was/did seem very happy that I stopped and took his image. Or maybe he just cooked
    himself a mean bowl of Kreplach Soup! mwink.gif
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2013
    My fave Harvey Keitel is Smoke where Harvey takes a daily picture outside his Smoke shop of the same intersection, over years! Has some nice cameos, too, Like Lou Reed playing himself! :D

Nice images, Ben.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2013
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    My fave Harvey Keitel is Smoke where Harvey takes a daily picture outside his Smoke shop of the same intersection, over years! Has some nice cameos, too, Like Lou Reed playing himself! :D

Nice images, Ben.

Don

That is such a great moment in a great film. Thanks for reminding me of that. The character sees his deceased wife in one of the shots and cries. Powerful.
  • stphotographystphotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2013
    Nice!
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2013
    The first works best for me. I like the guy in the second way, but I find the reflections there overwhelming the central figure. I might try that one as a square.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
    edited January 26, 2013
    DonRicklin wrote: »

Nice images, Ben.

Don
    damonff wrote: »
    That is such a great moment in a great film. Thanks for reminding me of that. The character sees his deceased wife in one of the shots and cries. Powerful.
    Nice!
    bdcolen wrote: »
    The first works best for me. I like the guy in the second way, but I find the reflections there overwhelming the central figure. I might try that one as a square.

Thanks Folks and good to see we are all Harvey fans!
    B.D. I'll take a second look, thanks.