DSS #120 options

dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
edited January 21, 2013 in The Dgrin Challenges
This is what I have so far, with a couple more ideas floating in my head that I am not sure I will get to or even if they would work.

Any thoughts on these would be appreciated.

1. Fenceline
fenceline3-XL.jpg

2. Flowers
IMG_9832-4-XL.jpg

3. Fire
fire2-XL.jpg

Comments

• tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2013
    I actually like 3 best. To make a single spot of selective color work for me, it needs to be on a composition point.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2013
    #3 looks kind of jumbled to me. I prefer the simplicity of #1 and #2.

For #2, maybe crop the right side a bit.

Overall, I think I like #1 the best. But I think I would not title it Fenceline, since the building is selectively colored. Maybe Shelter?
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2013
    Thanks to both of you for the input! I do appreciate seeing things through another persons eyes.

For me, #3 just did not create the impact I wanted. Maybe it couldn't live up to what I wanted because I saw what it looked like and felt the heat from it.
    #2 is what a few friends have liked. I like it, but again, doesn't have the impact I want. I did like the horizon line in the back... which is odd for me.
    I went with #1 simply because it is the one I liked. In a way I wanted to crop it closer because I liked the building, but I also liked the line of trees in B&W. I agree the name wasn't right... just something I threw out to give it a temporary title. Thanks for the shelter idea... I like that. All I had was Rusty Purpose... My mind just has not been clicking with titles lately.