Options

Mavericks

JacobovsJacobovs Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
edited January 19, 2013 in Sports
Anyone shooting Mavericks on Sunday? Last time I shot with the 400mm f2.8. Anyone think there is a good reason to bring the 200-400mm f4. I'm shooting from a boat. I plan on bringing the 70-200mm f2.8 as a backup.

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited January 19, 2013
    You should stay on shore with your 400 and sell your spot on the boat to me. :D
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,917 moderator
    edited January 19, 2013
    No shooting from the shore this year. They're gonna corral all the people into a parking lot...I wonder if the turnout will be the same?
    Organizers have said the best views will be from their website video feed. Hmmm...
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2013
    Jacobovs wrote: »
    Anyone shooting Mavericks on Sunday? Last time I shot with the 400mm f2.8. Anyone think there is a good reason to bring the 200-400mm f4. I'm shooting from a boat. I plan on bringing the 70-200mm f2.8 as a backup.

I would take the 200/400; I shot with one from the boat & it worked great.

I won't be going this year, have a great shoot
    Rags
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2013
    Jacob, I am down here now, and shooting the practice runs from a boat. I can let you know what I get with a 300mm on a full frame and a 1.3 sensor (390mm)

Michael Bonocore
    www.mb-photography-sf.com
    www.facebook.com/mbonocore
    plus.mb-photography-sf.com
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2013
    Sam wrote: »
    I know I have great difficulty understanding the current world, but why would anyone go to the trouble, and expense to travel to Half Moon Bay where the PUBLIC beaches, roads, and parking are closed so you are forced to pay $15.00 for parking, then travel by foot?, some unknown distance to a hotel

Perhaps this will clear it up Sam.

He's on a boat 100' away from the surfers, he paid somewhat more than $15.. :D
    Rags
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,917 moderator
    edited January 19, 2013
    Sam wrote: »
    I know I have great difficulty understanding the current world, but why would anyone go to the trouble, and expense to travel to Half Moon Bay where the PUBLIC beaches, roads, and parking are closed so you are forced to pay $15.00 for parking, then travel by foot?, some unknown distance to a hotel

Sort of like going to the movies. Entertainment.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?