Options

I like weeds :)

simplelogiksimplelogik Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited January 31, 2013 in Weddings
Just realised I've been shooting in a lot of weeds recently ..

MN--580-L.jpg

Rest of gallery is here if anyone is interested. http://www.albedophotography.com.au/brazilian-greek-wedding-at-crown

Comments

• Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2013
    I like, keep it up...weeds be good. I looked at your gallery with the rest of the wedding photos...nice...good job. Lighting in some of the dance images is really nice...great angles, and good coverage.

Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2013
    awesome shot..great dramatic light and kick ass processing. the brides pose is a bit off though..she looks too "heroic? The tall weeds on the right are competing for attention as well.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2013
  • Options
    coolpinskycoolpinsky Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2013
    thats very dramatic- great shot !
    love the sky
  • Options
    chuckdee1chuckdee1 Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2013
    well done!!! I don't think the weeds are a distraction at all.

Real Estate Lawyer
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2013
    So I mostly like it. Good tonality, good style, good lighting, good pose, etc...

but why weeds? Why is this couple standing in and staring at weeds on their wedding day? The weeds are brighter than them because they are closer to the light (my eyes go to the weeds first), appear taller than them, and are a pair (just like the couple). Maybe it's the title of the post, but I think the weeds get too much attention in the frame (what's the story?) and it ends taking away from the couple (or worse, inviting a comparison between them). I think if the weeds were lower and part of the overall composition and less of a subject the frame would be much stronger.

Also I would probably dodge the bottom left of the frame a bit. It's a little too dark without much happening there, but I dig the sky above it.
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2013
    So I mostly like it. Good tonality, good style, good lighting, good pose, etc...

but why weeds? Why is this couple standing in and staring at weeds on their wedding day? The weeds are brighter than them because they are closer to the light (my eyes go to the weeds first), appear taller than them, and are a pair (just like the couple). Maybe it's the title of the post, but I think the weeds get too much attention in the frame (what's the story?) and it ends taking away from the couple (or worse, inviting a comparison between them). I think if the weeds were lower and part of the overall composition and less of a subject the frame would be much stronger.

Also I would probably dodge the bottom left of the frame a bit. It's a little too dark without much happening there, but I dig the sky above it.

I can definitely see Patrick's point here. In this type of situation, I would have also had fun with the weeds, however for me the "money" shot would have had the same lighting, and similar framing, but the main "epic-ness" of the shot would have been clouds, or a scenic background...

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    work2fishwork2fish Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited January 24, 2013
    It is an atypical shot. Maybe the weeds represent what they, as a couple, will be triumphing over as they build their marriage in this complex world!
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited January 24, 2013
    If you haven't, take a look at the rest of the gallery. I think you'll see a variety of image.

I like this image. I don't know why-I could say the weeds are blocking, blah blah. It just works for me.
    The others in the gallery are pretty nice as well.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    TomHarmonTomHarmon Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited January 31, 2013
    I like it. I think the processing is great and the use of the light is awesome.