Options

a couple more from andy

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited January 24, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
hey guys, i've been on vacation this week. have been looking but not a lot of time to post replies. great photos, and thanks for sharing them - to all of you! thanks to the other moderators too, for stepping in for me.

here are a couple from my trip to florida.

2070656-M.jpg

2056322-M.jpg

2092380-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Stunt ClownStunt Clown Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited January 23, 2004
    Great shots Andy. Really like the Peacock. The marina scene is well done too. The marina is good example of when I would look at the scene in real life I wouldn't "see" this good a shot coming out it. Glad I'm am starting to frequent photo sites like this one to open my eyes more to what is possible.
    Thanks.

-PB-
    -Pete-

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
    Of course, so does falling down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    KC ActionKC Action Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited January 23, 2004
    Youre birds have fabulous color. Very nice. I too like the marina shot. I don't think I would have seen that image there either. Good work.
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited January 23, 2004
    Andy, the sharpness and clarity are amazing! Fabulous shots. You are becoming a master.

What are your settings in terms of unsharp mask?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2004
    Andy, those bird shots are just gorgeous. Looks like that 828 does a really nice job, the colors just jump. It looks like you used a flash in #1. Also #2? Beautiful work.
    bowdown.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2004
    thanks... yes, i had to use fill-in flash on the first bird. it was fairly dark out, and he was against that bright sky...

the colors rendition by the 828 is really really good. i'm very pleased with the camera.

i just printed out the marina shot 8x10 and it looks gorgeous. gonna be ordering a 16x20 shortly from smugmug.
    wxwax wrote:
    Andy, those bird shots are just gorgeous. Looks like that 828 does a really nice job, the colors just jump. It looks like you used a flash in #1. Also #2? Beautiful work.
    bowdown.gif
  • Options
    LensLens Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited January 24, 2004
    Great!!!! Digital from Flordia
    [Great!! I just so hook on this Web page..and you take neat digital shots...maybe when I learn how to down load some of my Hawaiian Rect..dig..from my new D100 will post them..Jerry Ca. Great.
    here are a couple from my trip to florida.

2070656-M.jpg

2056322-M.jpg

2092380-M.jpg[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2004
    Baldy wrote:
    Andy, the sharpness and clarity are amazing! Fabulous shots. You are becoming a master.

What are your settings in terms of unsharp mask?

thanks for the 'pliment, baldy!

for sharpening, i use unsharp mask in ps 8. almost always i will have

amount= anywhere between 150 and 350 %
    radius=.4
    threshold=1
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2004
    Lens wrote:
    [Great!! I just so hook on this Web page..and you take neat digital shots...maybe when I learn how to down load some of my Hawaiian Rect..dig..from my new D100 will post them..Jerry Ca.

Hey lens, welcome to the site. If you want to show pictures here, click on this link and you'll get a "how To" explanation.

By the way, would you mind changing your font size to the standard one? It's a little large. nod.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au