Untitled

bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
edited January 25, 2013 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• kixsandkixsand Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2013
    Took me a second to get this figured out in my head. When it finally did click I will admit to a smile.

On the critique side, I can't figure out why the right side of the image - from the back of HIS chair - is necessary. I think cropping that part out would improve the composition and enlarge everything in the frame just a bit...

Cheers,

darren
    Darren
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2013
    I like the selfie, Ben.
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2013
    I like it as well, Ben. Gave me a chuckle.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2013
    kixsand wrote: »
    Took me a second to get this figured out in my head. When it finally did click I will admit to a smile.

On the critique side, I can't figure out why the right side of the image - from the back of HIS chair - is necessary. I think cropping that part out would improve the composition and enlarge everything in the frame just a bit...

Cheers,

darren
    michswiss wrote: »
    I like the selfie, Ben.
    Patti wrote: »
    I like it as well, Ben. Gave me a chuckle.

Good News, Thanks Folks.
    As to cropping it does have a slight crop and anymore would............well not be mine :D
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2013
    Very casual Ben . I like the tension of the empty chairs with just ordinary legs against the exciting ones . mwink.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2013
    Okay, so for a moment, imagine the left side by itself as a square. And now imagine that you shot more from the side, so that you weren't in it, and we just had those legs and that wonderful blank space above. Just sayin' ;-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
    edited January 25, 2013
    lensmole wrote: »
    Very casual Ben . I like the tension of the empty chairs with just ordinary legs against the exciting ones . mwink.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

Always dig it when your on board. :D
    edited January 25, 2013
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Okay, so for a moment, imagine the left side by itself as a square. And now imagine that you shot more from the side, so that you weren't in it, and we just had those legs and that wonderful blank space above. Just sayin' ;-)

Have I ever told you how much hate it when your right rolleyes1.gif
    I pass this corner several times a week and will keep what you said here in mind, Thanks.