Snowy Owl

Dennis KaczorDennis Kaczor Registered Users Posts: 2,413 Major grins
edited January 31, 2013 in Wildlife
Had the chance to get out and photograph the Snowy owl last week.

8387867592_c9e11410cb_o.jpg

8398041031_9d2b6de4ae_o.jpg

8387867738_3f003e58ec_o.jpg

Comments

• DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2013
    Great Shots Dennis wish we had some around here. Not much snow on the ground there
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • ashruggedashrugged Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2013
    Beautiful shots Dennis, I always love seeing the Snowy owls on this forum. Keep posting.
  • Dennis KaczorDennis Kaczor Registered Users Posts: 2,413 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2013
    DsrtVW wrote: »
    Great Shots Dennis wish we had some around here. Not much snow on the ground there

Thanks so much Chris, we are lucky enough to have them around are area. No there is no snow on the ground yet, but I'm sure that it will sooner or later.
    edited January 22, 2013
    ashrugged wrote: »
    Beautiful shots Dennis, I always love seeing the Snowy owls on this forum. Keep posting.

Thank you Robert. I'm the same love to see Snowy Owl images, they are such a nice looking owl, and I do have more that I will post at a later time.
  • PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2013
    Dennis, I've never seen one of these birds in real life, so I always love seeing them here. I especially like the last photo--unusual angle, with the owl flying so close to the ground. Great lighting and exposure. Best, Pam
  • carlogallianicarlogalliani Registered Users Posts: 769 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2013
    beautiful shots
  • kscooperkscooper Registered Users Posts: 387 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2013
    Gorgeous work, Dennis - great work holding back the highlights.

We had an irruption of them down here last winter, but I only saw one flying high above me, never close to the ground. One of my very favorite birds.

Eric

good gear; not enough time
    edited January 28, 2013
    PGM wrote: »
    Dennis, I've never seen one of these birds in real life, so I always love seeing them here. I especially like the last photo--unusual angle, with the owl flying so close to the ground. Great lighting and exposure. Best, Pam

I have not seen them until this year Pam. Never had luck with them at all, and this year I guess was my time. That one I also like that it was low to the ground and the angle, and I had fun with this shoot. Thanks so much for your comments.
    edited January 28, 2013
    beautiful shots

Thank you so much Carlo.
    edited January 28, 2013
    kscooper wrote: »
    Gorgeous work, Dennis - great work holding back the highlights.

We had an irruption of them down here last winter, but I only saw one flying high above me, never close to the ground. One of my very favorite birds.

Thank you so much for the kind words, and glad that you enjoyed these.

Too bad that you didn't get to photograph any last year, but that is the way things go I guess. They are one of my favourites too.
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2013
    Marvelous clap.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
    edited January 29, 2013
    Harryb wrote: »
    Marvelous clap.gif

Thanks so much Harry.
  • fool4thecityfool4thecity Registered Users Posts: 632 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2013
    Very nice images, Dennis! Love Snowy Owls, they are magnificent. Thanks for sharing your images of them! Wish I could give you some of our snow in trade for some warmer temperatures. :)
    edited January 31, 2013
    Very nice images, Dennis! Love Snowy Owls, they are magnificent. Thanks for sharing your images of them! Wish I could give you some of our snow in trade for some warmer temperatures. :)

Well thank you so much for the kind words on the owls, and glad to share the images. I have been back since and it snowed there, so no need for snow from you, but I'm up in Ontario Canada, so I cannot send you any warm weather I',m afraid of.