Feeding Fun

superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
edited January 24, 2013 in Street and Documentary
p1392022202-5.jpg
Accidents and Inspiration
One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2013
    It's a nice Family Style snap.
    The Boys Face is a little to Hot on my Monitor.

Believe it or not, if this was mine I would present it in B&W.
    Reason would be those REDS!
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2013
    my slogan: expression trumps everything. nice shot.
  • superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2013
    joshhuntnm wrote: »
    my slogan: expression trumps everything. nice shot.

I liked this comment so much that I took a look at your links, saw you had a book, noticed the expression used in the first example chapter and bought it for my kindle. It's EXACTLY the jump start I need at the moment.

I'm getting decent(ish) at capturing scenes that I enjoy but most of them are essentially NOT portraits. I have done some nice shots at New Years and Halloween parties but it's much more casual and informal.

Anyway I'm getting a lot of attention from friends who see my work on Facebook and my site etc. and want me to(and think that I can) do portrait shots for them of their kids etc. I try to explain that I'm not "really" going in that direction and I've managed to avoid getting committed to anything but it's just a matter of time before I have to fish or cut bait (as they say). And the truth is that I do want to give portraiture an honest try. So, not even really being equipped properly I'm hunting for an SB-600 flash and I've got a firm grip on your book. So far so good. It gets right to the point and with luck it should save my friends from some major disappointment.

Thanks again and I'll keep you posted!
    Steve Ducharme
    Accidents and Inspiration
    One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..