edited January 22, 2013
    Play me a tune, Bud :D

Think I might of liked the whole hand.
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2013
    bfjr wrote: »
    Play me a tune, Bud :D

Think I might of liked the whole hand.

Thanks for the view and taking the time to comment. I am out of tunes at the moment .I honestly don't think you need to see the whole hand , it wouldn't change the expression of the image in anyway IMHO.ne_nau.gif
  • kixsandkixsand Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2013
    I'm okay with the whole hand situation...I think that hand reaching back toward the photographer is the coolest bit of this image...It's sort of like he's breaking out of that magical frame that you've composed for him...reaching back to grab you by the shirt and drag you on some rock and roll adventure.

Diggin' it.
    Darren
    edited January 24, 2013
    kixsand wrote: »
    I'm okay with the whole hand situation...I think that hand reaching back toward the photographer is the coolest bit of this image...It's sort of like he's breaking out of that magical frame that you've composed for him...reaching back to grab you by the shirt and drag you on some rock and roll adventure.

Diggin' it.

Thank you for your feedback ! Much appreciated .
  • work2fishwork2fish Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited January 25, 2013
    kixsand wrote: »

Diggin' it.

X2. I like the half-hand and think it adds something to the shot.
    edited January 27, 2013
    work2fish wrote: »
    X2. I like the half-hand and think it adds something to the shot.

Your comment is much appreciated !
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2013
    While I like the expression and engagement with the musician, I'm going to fall into the whole-hand camp. My visceral reaction to the shot was he's reaching back to shake hands, then I noticed missing fingers and some extra space at the top of the frame.

It reminds me of one of my own mental mantras. Tilt Down! I see it all the time in my own shots and so many others. We're generally pretty good at not centring up our subjects left to right, but we so often don't give the same consideration to up and down. It's one of those things that needs lots of practice.