Options

Domain Name

daveteedavetee Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited February 26, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I used SmugMug with my own domain name and cancelled my subscription some time ago. I reset the DNS at my Domain Registrant end and forwarded the domain name to another of my websites. After a couple of months it's still pointing to SmugMug's holding page. Can anyone help resolve this.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 22, 2013
    SmugMug has no control over where your domain is pointed. That is controlled at your domain host. If you are still getting our holding page, something in the DNS is still pointed at our servers. Look for the www CNAME pointed at domains.smugmug.com or the @ A record pointed at 208.79.45.23. Delete or change those. If you are still seeing our page, you will want to check with your domain host and ask them to check what is going on. They should be able to reset it.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    daveteedavetee Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited January 22, 2013
    Thanks...none of those are showing so it must be at the domain host.
  • Options
    EntropicTendenciesEntropicTendencies Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited January 31, 2013
    davetee wrote: »
    Thanks...none of those are showing so it must be at the domain host.

It's always worth checking that you're using the correct name servers - it's not uncommon for the domain to be registered with one provider and hosted with another.

Many registrar accounts will (unhelpfully) let you modify the configuration even though it can never propagate to the real world since it's set to use someone else's name servers.
  • Options
    CrystalsCrystals Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited February 18, 2013
    Help
    I tried to transfer my domain TO smugmug. Yahoo is worthless! They are saying that if smugmug has no name servers, then they must point to yahoo. Needless to say, now it shows a yahoo under construction page. Does anyone else have yahoo registrar for domain that can tell me exactly what to change it to? Sanjay and Hashoosh in India are NOT helpful on Yahoo customer service...:bigbs
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2013
    Crystals wrote: »
    I tried to transfer my domain TO smugmug. Yahoo is worthless! They are saying that if smugmug has no name servers, then they must point to yahoo. Needless to say, now it shows a yahoo under construction page. Does anyone else have yahoo registrar for domain that can tell me exactly what to change it to? Sanjay and Hashoosh in India are NOT helpful on Yahoo customer service...:bigbs
    Email the SmugMug help desk and we can get your domain issue sorted.

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2013
    zacHer0 wrote: »
    Email the SmugMug help desk and we can get your domain issue sorted.

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Now my e-mail doesn't work either. I can send, but not receive. :hungWell, I'm losing business every second...
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2013
    I got my e-mail fixed thank goodness. I will try to e-mail the heroes now.
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2013
    Crystal,

Did the Heros get your domain issue sorted out?

Thanks!

Michael