New to DGrin - dirtbike poster

halvlions99halvlions99 Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited November 26, 2005 in Sports
I am new to the form and I thought I would put out two pics I got 2 weeks ago of my son at the track. I am some what new to adobe but I have figured out the blend mode. I am open for all comments - good or bad. Thanks.
44032415-Medium.jpg
44032420-Small.jpg

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2005
    I am new to the form and I thought I would put out two pics I got 2 weeks ago of my son at the track. I am some what new to adobe but I have figured out the blend mode. I am open for all comments - good or bad. Thanks.
    44032415-Medium.jpg
    44032420-Small.jpg
    Hi halvlions.. welcome to dgrin! wave.gif .. we can't see your piccies.. do you have your "external links" on?
  • halvlions99halvlions99 Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited November 26, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi halvlions.. welcome to dgrin! wave.gif .. we can't see your piccies.. do you have your "external links" on?

I must have missed that...thanks. Ok...I think I have it now. thumb.gif
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2005
    Welcome to DG. Nice poster shot. Did you order it to frame and put up on the wall?

IMHO, the shots look like they are about to jump off the poster. This is good and bad... It's not a photography thing, it's a graphics arts thing. The action should move your eye. Believe me it does. However, my eyes want to move off the poster when I get to the top right shot. A bit to soon. If you could reverse the top right image so it moved back into the poster, my eyes would "bounce" back into the bike collage and see the bottom shots.

It also could be that it's 2:30am and I am still awake and not sleeping.

All the shots are very nice and worth printing. Your son should be proud and so should you.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited November 26, 2005
    Very nice posters. Your son must be excited to have them!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • halvlions99halvlions99 Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited November 26, 2005
    johno wrote:
    Welcome to DG. Nice poster shot. Did you order it to frame and put up on the wall?

IMHO, the shots look like they are about to jump off the poster. This is good and bad... It's not a photography thing, it's a graphics arts thing. The action should move your eye. Believe me it does. However, my eyes want to move off the poster when I get to the top right shot. A bit to soon. If you could reverse the top right image so it moved back into the poster, my eyes would "bounce" back into the bike collage and see the bottom shots.

It also could be that it's 2:30am and I am still awake and not sleeping.

All the shots are very nice and worth printing. Your son should be proud and so should you.

peace.
    johno~

Thanks johnno. I did print this one out as 16x20 poster and it turned out awesome!! Smugmug's poster size prints are good quality. You know you are right I about the picture in the top right corner. I guess I never thought about flippin the picture around to pull the viewer back in. I am going to try this out. THANKS!