Options

Canon 430EXII Flash

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited January 28, 2013 in Accessories
Can the Canon 430EXII be used on the 5DMKii?

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2013
    Sure can thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2013
    divamum wrote: »
    Sure can thumb.gif

Thanks thumb.gifD
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2013
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2013
    Yes. The second one comes with rechargeable batteries and a charger. Save your money and invest in some eneloop or tenergy batteries, and a LaCrosse or Maha charger (assuming you don't already have batteries/charger).
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2013
    divamum wrote: »
    Yes. The second one comes with rechargeable batteries and a charger. Save your money and invest in some eneloop or tenergy batteries, and a LaCrosse or Maha charger (assuming you don't already have batteries/charger).

Thank-you :D
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2013
    Okay Divamum. My interest is Piqued, can you explain more about the battery options? I am going through them faster than I thought and want faster cycle times... so since I am using a 430EXII I figured I would ask here.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2013
    Nothing special, BB - I've just found the Tenergy and Eneloops seem to hold their charge better during use as well as between uses. The Maha and LaCrosse chargers keep them in decent condition and charge pretty quickly, and the batteries and they just *work*. YMMV, but it works for me! :)
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2013
    +1 on Eneloop. The Eneloop batteries are rechargable NiMH batteries that keep their charge in storage, so that you can charge them and toss them in the bag, and they will be ready to go when you need them. They don't hold a charge quite as well as a new pack of alkaline batteries, but far better than older NiMH batteries that were dead the next day.

Just about every battery brand now makes similar batteries, just look for the label that says 'precharged', and they are like the Eneloops. If they don't say 'precharged' they are the older kind. The older kind are usually much cheaper as well (and rare these days). I have Duracell Rechargeable Precharged, Rayovac Precharged, and the Eneloops. I find the Eneloops at Costco for a good deal. I also have, and recommend the LaCrosse BC-900.

Its not often listed, but if you can, purchase the battery with the highest listed mAh (my Eneloops are 1900 mAh, Duracell are 2000 mAh, and Rayovac are 2100 mAh).
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2013
    Thanks
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact