DSS #121 Centered?

grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 2,116 Major grins
edited January 27, 2013 in The Dgrin Challenges
I am traveling and won't be home until next week, so I looked at the photos that I took the last couple of days and picked a few. I'd be glad accept ideas, thoughts and criticisms about which I might use for this challenge. Keep in mind that I will not be able to reshoot any of these, and my skill in editing is limited. My own favorites are the first and last ones.

IMG_7139.JPG

IMG_7148.JPG

IMG_7174.JPG

IMG_7241.JPG

IMG_7391.JPG

IMG_7315.JPG
“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Comments

• DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2013
    First and last ones also works best for me as the challenge theme. First one would have to be my favorite
    Last one needs to be straightened and maybe a tighter and square crop to eliminate the sky on the sides
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 2,116 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2013
    When I saw the theme, I thought it was more like #4. I would not have thought of #1 until after I looked at the examples. I'm sort of wondering whether to see if I an get a better one or just use one of these two.

I'm in Georgia now, I'll be in SC for the next 3 days and then a day in NC before I get home to MD and at that point it will be unpacking and doctor's appointments and getting back to normal.
    edited January 24, 2013
    Thank you for the advice.

When I first saw the theme I thought of something like #4, which is the hallway of the hotel we were staying at last night. And #6 came the closest to that as a nice photo. (It is in Fort Matanzas). But after Ilooked at the examples, I thought #1 might do also.

I'm in GA now, going to SC for 3 days and then a day in NC and then home to MD, when it will be unpacking, docotor's appointments and getting back to normal. And dealing with the over 3000 photos that Bob and I have taken on this trip which need to be edited and posted.

I may wait to see if I can take one 'on purpose' fr the challenge - these were just ones that I took in the last couple of days without knowing about the challenge.
  • TJRidgwayTJRidgway Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited January 24, 2013
    It too me a minute to "get" #1, but I like it the most. Maybe a little pp to draw out the cloud?
    edited January 24, 2013
    I did a little of that, but I will try a bit more and see.
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2013
    grandmaR,

I was looking at your photo in the gallery, love it BTW... I see that the date is 1-21-13... But you might want to check to see that your time is within the time frame. (8:00pm PST time (GMT -8) ) If I am looking at it correctly it was taken several hours before the challenge began. I would hate for you not to have a valid entry and not know until your were DQ'ed.
    edited January 27, 2013
    Well pooh. Thank you for warning me. It never occurred to me that the time frame would begin anytime but in the morning.
    IMG_7515.JPG

IMG_7535.JPG

IMG_7319.JPG

IMG_7322.JPG

So I looked again, but I'm thinking of using this one cropped and straightened

IMG_7315.JPG