Pin up with tools :-)

WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
edited January 25, 2013 in People
Poor girl came into my studio for a business portrait and ended up with this :-) Needed something more than a boring business photo for the 365 project. Comments always welcomed. Hope the dgrinners in the upper midwest and the northeast (where I am) are keeping warm tonight! It certainly is good outside .. brrrrr... i-fwLQnbW-L.jpg
Snady :thumb
my money well spent :D
Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!

Comments

• PhilD41PhilD41 Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2013
    Well, that is certainly different. The photo is very well done. Not sure I would hire her with that on a business card though. Mind sharing your light setup?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    -~= Philip =~-
    Go Shoot Something Already! - Flickr Photostream
    Have you performed a few Random Acts of Parenting today? :)
  • LightsearcherLightsearcher Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2013
    Nice, it has the Pin Up look.

Thank you for posting.

Marcelo
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2013
    PhilD41 wrote: »
    Well, that is certainly different. The photo is very well done. Not sure I would hire her with that on a business card though. Mind sharing your light setup?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Hey Phil... I also did business portraits so she isn't going to use this one :-)

Lighting is simple.... This is actually a high key white backdrop (but post processing changed it to the old yellow look)
    I have white vinyl with 2 background alien bees directed at it and metered at F-11
    I have on big 3x4 softbox horizontally above me so that it mimicks butterfly lighting. You can see that by the shadow directly under her nose and somewhat under her chin. Metered at F8

That's it.. I use this set up mostly with glamour shots. it is pretty simple and with this kind of shot and all the post processing I do, the bit of flatness is acceptable :-)

And if you are on facebook Phil you can friend me. I put all of the the ways I shoot things under each photo of the day.

Thanks for the comments!
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2013
    I like the lighting and process a lot. My gripe is that it seems more of a commercial for the drill and it takes attention away from her.
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2013
    Thanks Charles...

I agree about the ad.. but since her husband is in construction that is why we did the sexy tool thing :-)
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2013
    Niiiice!!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • coolpinskycoolpinsky Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2013
    nice shot