Trying out a new 4' x 6' softbox...

Onelighttwo.jpg

The set up...

Onelightsetuptwo_DxO.jpg

Cheers, Don

Comments

• HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2013
    The shot turned (wood pun) out very nice. Love the bkg stand in the wood vice. Check your plane (another wood reference). I wish you had more photos so I could scroll (another one) through them. Seriously, nice job on this one.
  • Don KondraDon Kondra Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2013
    Thank you Charles,

I understand the pose/head tilt could have been better, my dog Ruby was walking towards me and at the last second lost count on the timer :)

Having said that, it turned out to be the best "expression" of the bunch. I find it is incredibly difficult to produce a teeth showing genuine smile, sigh..

As far as the softbox, I like the way it was able to light under the bill of the cap and clearly show the logo (a backhanded political statement).

Not so crazy about the eye catchlights but this shoot was also prompted by a one light challenge on another forum. I can see this working well as a fill with an octobox as a main.

This is a set up shot before getting "cleaned up". Much too close to the backdrop and perhaps I would sit up straighter using a stool instead of a chair...

Onelightheadshot.jpg

Cheers, Don
    edited January 29, 2013
    What don't you like about the catchlights?
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2013
    I think you did really good except for fact that on my monitor you face is blazing red. :D

Sam
    edited January 29, 2013
    Hackbone wrote: »
    What don't you like about the catchlights?

The uneven size and shape in each eye. I suppose if I was going to continue with one light it could be repositioned or even cloned (gasp).

Onelightthree-1.jpg
    Sam wrote: »
    I think you did really good except for fact that on my monitor you face is blazing red. :D

Sam

Thanks Sam,

Not quite blazing red but definitely -30c wind burn from prepping firewood :)

Cheers, Don
  • LightsearcherLightsearcher Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2013
    Great pictures Don, I like the last one.

Regards.

Marcelo
    edited January 29, 2013
    The uneven catch lights occur in nature when the light hits the subject the right way so I don't find that offensive......good job.
    edited January 29, 2013
    Great pictures Don, I like the last one.

Regards.

Marcelo

Thanks Marcelo !

After sleeping on it the head tilt doesn't do it for me either :)
    Hackbone wrote: »
    The uneven catch lights occur in nature when the light hits the subject the right way so I don't find that offensive......good job.

I guess I'm just too critical of myself, thanks for that :)

Cheers, Don