DSC_2138-XL.jpg

a close up of a Florida soft shell turtle
D3D_0811-XL.jpg

at least he wasn't knocking over my garbage can
D3D_0326-XL.jpg

800_6291-XL.jpg
Harry
http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2013
    That first image proves we're not the only ones that dream of flying! :Dthumb.gifrolleyes1.gif

Nice series!

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2013
    Harry, as usual, a great series. Your turtle is so clean--I'm going to post a picture of our swamp turtles so you can see how lucky you are. I don't know what to say about the soft shell turtle--whether the eyeball or the nose is the weirdest, and those lips or whatever they are. I'm thinking George Lucas got his inspiration for some of the characters in the Star Wars bar scene from this guy. As usual, I love your beautiful colors, and you sure recruited some fine talent for this shoot. Best, Pam
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2013
    PGM wrote: »
    Harry, as usual, a great series. Your turtle is so clean--I'm going to post a picture of our swamp turtles so you can see how lucky you are. I don't know what to say about the soft shell turtle--whether the eyeball or the nose is the weirdest, and those lips or whatever they are. I'm thinking George Lucas got his inspiration for some of the characters in the Star Wars bar scene from this guy. As usual, I love your beautiful colors, and you sure recruited some fine talent for this shoot. Best, Pam

What fantastic shots Harry. No 2 grabs me.I must say you always please.
    Bob
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2013
    Harry - the turtle in #2 looks like that character from Star Wars...can't recall his name except the huge jowls. rolleyes1.gifLove the lighting in the last! Great - all of them!
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2013
    Eia wrote: »
    Harry - the turtle in #2 looks like that character from Star Wars...can't recall his name except the huge jowls.

Jabba the Hut :D

Love the Raccoon Harry!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • kgarrett11kgarrett11 Registered Users Posts: 525 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2013
    Great shots Harry. I really like the frog. The eye in his reflection is just as sharp as the one in the body. Good job.
    www.Prideinphotography.com
    Powered by Smugmug
    Three passions wildlife, golf and the STEELERS
    Equipment
    Nikon D4, D300
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2013
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    That first image proves we're not the only ones that dream of flying! :Dthumb.gifrolleyes1.gif

Nice series!

Don

Thanks Don.
    Harry
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • TazZTazZ Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited January 30, 2013
    i like them all im new to this site so it nice
    edited January 31, 2013
    PGM wrote: »

Thanks Pam, this was a fun series to shoot. I was vbery lucky with the lighting on these images.
    Harry
  • Dennis KaczorDennis Kaczor Registered Users Posts: 2,413 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2013
    Looks like you are losing your touch Harry...Grin. Nice set of images of the none bird type.
    edited January 31, 2013
    canon400d wrote: »
    What fantastic shots Harry. No 2 grabs me.I must say you always please.
    Bob

Thanks Bob
    Harry
    edited January 31, 2013
    Eia wrote: »
    Harry - the turtle in #2 looks like that character from Star Wars...can't recall his name except the huge jowls. rolleyes1.gifLove the lighting in the last! Great - all of them!
    Earache wrote: »
    Jabba the Hut :D

Love the Raccoon Harry!

Thanks, I was thinking of Jabba when I took the shot.
    Harry
    edited January 31, 2013
    kgarrett11 wrote: »
    Great shots Harry. I really like the frog. The eye in his reflection is just as sharp as the one in the body. Good job.

Thanks, I usually pass on frog captures but the lighting was just too damn good to pass that one by.
    Harry
    edited February 1, 2013
    Looks like you are losing your touch Harry...Grin. Nice set of images of the none bird type.

I'm getting old Dennis. Frogs and turtles are much easier to keep up with than those damn speedy birds. :rutt
    Harry
  • Hunter58Hunter58 Registered Users Posts: 723 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2013
    Very cool shot of the soft shelled... they look like they don't have much in the way of chompers but looks can be very deceiving as he could probably take a nice chunk out of a pretty good size lens.
    edited February 3, 2013
    Hunter58 wrote: »
    Very cool shot of the soft shelled... they look like they don't have much in the way of chompers but looks can be very deceiving as he could probably take a nice chunk out of a pretty good size lens.

They have very strong jaws and will bite if they feel threatened. That's why I used the 200-400 as opposed to a macro lens.
    Harry