one picture

TazZTazZ Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
edited January 30, 2013 in Wildlife
here is my a photo i took

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited January 28, 2013
    Welcome to Dgrin, TazZ! clap.gif

Looks like you have a fine shot of some foxes there, although hard to discern details at this size. Any chance you could post this a bit larger? Also, when and where was this taken?

Thanks and regards,
    -joel
  • PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2013
    Welcome to the wildlife forum, Tazzi! What great subjects--the foxes! Like Joel said, if you could post it a little bigger it would help. Even with its small size, I can tell you it is a heck of a lot better photo than the first one I posted here. Keep 'em coming! Best, Pam
  • TazZTazZ Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2013
    hi i will have to see as i dont have a real fancey camera it was taken in my back yard
    edited January 29, 2013
    TazZ wrote: »
    hi i will have to see as i dont have a real fancey camera it was taken in my back yard

Wow! What a great backyard! Best, Pam
    edited January 29, 2013
    thanks i also have pictures of deer in my back yard as well thats what happen when you live on a hill top
    edited January 29, 2013
    deer
    here is a other picture i have taken
    edited January 29, 2013
    PGM wrote: »
    Wow! What a great backyard! Best, Pam

well i put up a deer now
    edited January 29, 2013
    Okay, great, TazZ. You are a lot like me! If you look at your deer photo, it's a great subject, and it looks like you got nice and close. Here are a couple of things you could consider. First, the eyes are just very slightly out of focus. Try to focus on the eyes, because if they are sharp and detailed, the picture will look better. Second, you had difficult light to work with, because your camera could not expose the darker parts, like the deer's brown color, and also get the very light parts like the inside of its ears and one part of its face that are in the bright sun. The light parts, if you look at them, are all white, with no detail. It will help to shoot early in the morning or later in the afternoon when the light is softer--not as contrasty. If your camera has exposure compensation settings, you can set it to take a darker photo than it normally would, which will keep the detail in the white parts. It is hard to get exposure right when half the subject is in shade and the other half in bright light (I know this because it happens to me all the time.)

I really like your backyard! Best, Pam
    edited January 30, 2013
    thanks i will try that i took that shot atfer being out takening pictures of hawks and a vetfest that they had thoses pictures are on my facebook page here that is https://www.facebook.com/?sk=welcome#!/rob.buck.3538/photos_stream
    edited January 30, 2013
    falcon picture
    this falcon was over at my horse vets for a show