My First nudes...NSFW

Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
edited February 22, 2013 in Go Figure
Sorry - Images removed

Comments

• Options
    papadakapapadaka Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2013
    She looks like Cybill Shephard when she was younger. She should be able to find work with no problem.
    Nice set. Best of luck to you both !
    Mark Malter
    Photographer
    Wanna-Be
    Daddy
    Mark@Mark-Malter.com
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2013
    papadaka wrote: »
    She looks like Cybill Shephard when she was younger. She should be able to find work with no problem.
    Nice set. Best of luck to you both !

Thanks. I know there are problems with this set, with the style, the lighting, poses, etc. But we are learning...:)
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2013
    First, kudos to you... she's fleshy and I see no cellulite.... good job (also your posing is very good)

This is a tough model to shoot; you started with the hardest. Technically you did well.

Imagewise, perhaps the model is too well lit (did you try one bulb?). No shadows to add drama (on/off body)

In #3 you might have rotated her a little to her left to get rid of her left knee and weak butt silhouette

All personal opinion
    Rags
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2013
    torags wrote: »
    First, kudos to you... she's fleshy and I see no cellulite.... good job (also your posing is very good)

This is a tough model to shoot; you started with the hardest. Technically you did well.

Imagewise, perhaps the model is too well lit (did you try one bulb?). No shadows to add drama (on/off body)

In #3 you might have rotated her a little to her left to get rid of her left knee and weak butt silhouette

All personal opinion

Thanks.
    She is a mature(r) model than most would like, I think. But she was a good sport, and she wants to do more of this. And it's good for practise on a portfolio building basis. :)

I need to work on less well lit...this is great for the kiddie shoots with bright clothes and toys, but not so good for this, I suppose. But my BG is poor and doesn't look well when unlit or barely lit. I plan a wall with curve...before Easter hopefully. :)
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2013
    Thanks.
    She is a mature(r) model than most would like, I think. But she was a good sport, and she wants to do more of this. And it's good for practise on a portfolio building basis. :)

I need to work on less well lit...this is great for the kiddie shoots with bright clothes and toys, but not so good for this, I suppose. But my BG is poor and doesn't look well when unlit or barely lit. I plan a wall with curve...before Easter hopefully. :)

Background? I once shot some frames of marble, blurred them in PS and it worked well in a composite as background.

Good luck
    Rags
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2013
    torags wrote: »
    Background? I once shot some frames of marble, blurred them in PS and it worked well in a composite as background.

Good luck

Yes, I have done that in the past...might try that again. WOuld need to work on blending for realistic shadows and so on.

Thanks
  • Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2013
    Question, what made you decide to go with this lighting?
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2013
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    Question, what made you decide to go with this lighting?

In all honesty? Simplicity and inexperience. :)

I have done a couple more shoots since this, and altered the lighting quite a lot. I have a few things this weekend to play around with the lights.
    One issue I do have is the lack of a decent background, so blowing it out is by far the easiest. I plan to rectify that soon with the installation of a proper background and curve.

:)
  • Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2013
    Ah, I understand, backgrounds are always an issue.
    I checked both of your Flickr accounts and found quite a bit of nice work :D
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2013

Thank you. I have 3 Flickr accounts, one for "normal" stuff, one for studio, and one for more risque studio stuff. Best to keep the kiddie shoots separate from the more adult ones, eh?

Cheers
  • Options
    DemianDemian Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2013
    I like the model. Different is always good (IMO) and her body shape reminds me of older painters (like germanic revivalist stuff)

My only problem with the set, as mentioned previously, was the left knee in #3. If it was more evenly lit, it would be okay, but I think the poking out + the shadow makes it a bit distracting.

Great work man :)
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2013
    Demian wrote: »
    I like the model. Different is always good (IMO) and her body shape reminds me of older painters (like germanic revivalist stuff)

My only problem with the set, as mentioned previously, was the left knee in #3. If it was more evenly lit, it would be okay, but I think the poking out + the shadow makes it a bit distracting.

Great work man :)

Thanks. It's true that models are not all size 0 and between 18 and 22. :)

I noticed the knee afterwards, and need to sort it somehow. Bit of sneaky cloning, perhaps. :)