Fire Cut

lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
edited February 3, 2013 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2013
    Explain please, how can anything burn out there ?

Good capture.
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2013
    I certainly see this as part of a larger set documenting pipelines in the far north. I seem to remember that you have other shots from this area? How's the series developing?
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2013
    Different Angle
    bfjr wrote: »
    Explain please, how can anything burn out there ?

Good capture.

Thank you Ben ! Essentially you need three things for something to burn ,fuel,oxygen,and a source of ignition,if you eliminate one out of the three nothing can burn. I have followed up with another picture from a different angle he also change his position to the other side . Oxy - fuel welding and cutting are processes to weld and cut metals,respectivley.French engineers Edmond Fouche and Charles Picard became the first to develop oxygen-acetylene welding,cutting in 1903. I hope this other picture and this explanation help answer your welcomed question.
    michswiss wrote: »
    I certainly see this as part of a larger set documenting pipelines in the far north. I seem to remember that you have other shots from this area? How's the series developing?

Thank you for your interest !
    I have been taking experimental shots and trying to develop an outline of some kind. I want to tell a story,but how I am not sure ? I like taking pictures of people so I am inclined to gravitate towards a story about the people who work on these projects and their particular skill set.

i-nMgqpdF-L.jpg
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2013
    Oh stupid Me! I was relating it to "Fire Break" as we call it out here.

Perfectly clear now.