DSS #121 - Attempt #2

TJRidgwayTJRidgway Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited February 2, 2013 in The Dgrin Challenges
So my last attempt was, in all honesty, fairly bad. Great subject, but I need different equipment, etc. to capture it.

I sat down and thought about what I was trying to do with this challenge, and while talking to a friend had somewhat of an epiphany. That led to this photo.

I am very happy with this photo, but not sure what others think of the processing. I really look forward to your critiques!

DSS121-4-O.jpg

Comments

• TJRidgwayTJRidgway Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited February 2, 2013
    Oh, since I use an adapted legacy lens the lens metadata isn't there. Here it is (in case anyone has pointers on how to do this better):

Zeiss Contax G 21/2.8 shot at f/16, ISO 640, 1/200 on a Panasonic GH2. The 1/200 was due to wind; the tree and matting kept moving! The f/16 was to try and get a bit of DoF for the shot (landscape and all), while the 640 is just what the camera needed to expose it decently.
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2013
    For this challenge I would have centered the tree in the frame. Like the concept.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com