One light and semi-naked bodies

Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
edited February 10, 2013 in Go Figure
Sorry - Images removed

Comments

• djamesdjames Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2013
    My impression is that I would have used a white panel or reflector to provide a little lighting to the dark side. Just enough to separate the model from the background. Primarily on the ladies.
    http://www.djames-photography.com
    In this great big world around us, we will find what we are looking for! What we do with it is up to us to decide.
    Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Zuiko 14-45 Zuiko 40-150 Sigma 50-500 Zuiko 18-180 4-AB800 strobes, 1AB-400 stobe, 4 softboxes, brolly box, umbrellas etc.
  • Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2013
    djames wrote: »
    My impression is that I would have used a white panel or reflector to provide a little lighting to the dark side. Just enough to separate the model from the background. Primarily on the ladies.

I know what you are saying, but that was not the intention in these shots. I wasn't aiming for rim lighting as such, but I did want definite light and dark "sides". In fact there was a reflector behind, and in the original RAW there was definition between her back and the BG. I "curved" it out. :)

But each to their own opinion...that's why I ask. :)

Thanks
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2013
    For me, these are much better lit than your first.

I think you're going in the right direction... quickly... thumb.gif

Posing of the first two are good, the oil and the goosebumps are very effective...:D
    Rags
    edited February 3, 2013
    djames wrote: »
    torags wrote: »
    For me, these are much better lit than your first.

I think you're going in the right direction... quickly... thumb.gif

Posing of the first two are good, the oil and the goosebumps are very effective...:D

Thank you. :)

The goosebumps are the after-effects of a bad chest wax! :D
  • BrettDeutschBrettDeutsch Registered Users Posts: 365 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2013
    Nice shots -- I like the lighting. The color version of the shot you called "jam" is much more interesting in my opinion. I'm not a fan of your guy's pose, however. If you're going to be naked, be naked. Or if you want to be covered up, wear some underwear or shorts. Or, one can cover up more subtly and look natural, for instance with leg placement. But covering yourself with a hand and a towel just looks forced to me (and kind of looks like he's scratching himself).
  • LoganHLoganH Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2013
    I agree with Brett on this one. Love these shots. Great lighting to draw the eyes; however, the hand and towel just throws the whole picture off. Could have just put some nice Armani boxer briefs on him or something of the sort, or just go full naked.
    edited February 10, 2013
    Nice shots -- I like the lighting. The color version of the shot you called "jam" is much more interesting in my opinion. I'm not a fan of your guy's pose, however. If you're going to be naked, be naked. Or if you want to be covered up, wear some underwear or shorts. Or, one can cover up more subtly and look natural, for instance with leg placement. But covering yourself with a hand and a towel just looks forced to me (and kind of looks like he's scratching himself).

Thanks. The shot is called "Jam" because the girls is called "Jam". :)

The towel is part of his stripper act and is used when he doesn't go full naked...there was a reason for it. I agree that we should have some with boxers or nude as well, though. :)
    LoganH wrote: »
    I agree with Brett on this one. Love these shots. Great lighting to draw the eyes; however, the hand and towel just throws the whole picture off. Could have just put some nice Armani boxer briefs on him or something of the sort, or just go full naked.

Thank you. :)