Options

Mini Challenge #158: Selfies

2»

Comments

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2013
    grandmaR wrote: »
    When I went looking for self portraits, I found some taken on the first roll of film I took in 1958 when I was 21 with my first 35 mm camera (film of course). I had previously submitted one I did in 1960 of myself looking in a hand mirror. It was inspired by this painting that I made (this is NOT part of the contest because it isn't a photo of myself) of an eye in a compact.

26055_1343937372192_6522094_n.jpg

So when I tried to reproduce this painting in a photo, this was the result (and this one IS for the contest)

0635-00310013.jpg

1. Vanity

What I found was that while I have several photos of myself taken by myself in the period from 1958 to about 1964, there are none for the time period after I had two children c 1963 to 2000 when I got my first digital camera. It is much easier to do this digitally.

I tried to reproduce this first one but I wanted to include the passage of time, so the mirror is cracked and dirty

IMG_7827.JPG

This one is a little unusual as I am reflected in the elevator doors on a cruise ship, sitting on my scooter dressed for formal night, with the art for the auction behind me.

IMG_3091.JPG

3. Formal Night

This was July 2012.

I like the last. It reminds me of formal portraits of the great painters and of the early daguerrotypes.
  • Options
    grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,947 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2013
    The elevator was faced with gold glass so that gives it a glow
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”