Darren

Comments

• michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2013
    Nice one
  • kixsandkixsand Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2013
    Thanks!

I took this shot about a week or 10 days ago but overlooked it when going through the images on my computer. The reason being that when I took the shot I didn't have that spark of recognition that the shot was going to be good. Not sure about you but I often have pre-selected the shots that I think are good before ever looking at them on the computer. This bias is something that I need to get away from.

I've turned off image review on my camera.

No more chimping.

Really try and do a systematic evaluation and review of every image captured.
    Darren
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2013
    There is very little reason to chimp when shooting on the street. I can understand doing it if it's a relatively static shot and you weren't sure of the exposure or trying a different composition. But otherwise, the shot you were going for has probably already past. Plus, it's more fun to see the "roll develop" before your eyes when you load things onto the computer.
  • kixsandkixsand Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2013
    I've been reading how Winnogrand would leave rolls of film undeveloped for years so that any legacy of bias would be long forgotten on review!
    Darren
  • fjcvisualfjcvisual Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2013
    I like this shot. would be fun to put a narrative to the 'eye contact'