Help! Miss my Raw shooter Essentials

Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
edited July 19, 2006 in Finishing School
So I've only been using the program a few weeks. When I had the computer probelm last week, I seem to have lost a functioning version of this program. Have the download link, but it will not reinstall. Any guru's in computer land that might know how to recover this?

Corel has not yet responded to my plea for help.

ann

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2005
    Ann have you gone into add/delete & deleted the one you had on ? Then try & D/load it again.

Prog may be able to see it on your comp so you may need a total new D/load.

Gus
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Ann have you gone into add/delete & deleted the one you had on ? Then try & D/load it again.

Prog may be able to see it on your comp so you may need a total new D/load.

Gus
    Hey Gus
    Yep I've deleted and emptied the recycle bin and all that good stuff. Still will not properly install the download. I bought the 'download insurance' thingy so I should be able to get a new download from Pixmatic or Corel or....

ann
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited November 27, 2005
    Ann, have you tried looking through the forums over at their site?
    http://www.pictureflow.com/forum/index.php

You could also look through Michael Tapes' forum posts at DPR:
    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/postersprofile.asp?poster=hiimidivhu

Hope you get this resolved soon.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
    edited November 28, 2005
    Brilliant, David!!!! There is a well documented problem with RSE if it does not shut down properly, and a quick link fix!!!! Thank You so much!

fix is here:
    http://forum.pixmantec.com/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6261/an/rawshooterfree2005/page/0#6261

ann
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited November 28, 2005
    Glad to help. I am bookmarking this thread, or that thread, as the case may be. I hope the same problem doesn't crop up with RSP. I'll be buying that in the near future as I get my new machine up and running.

Ann McRae wrote:
    Brilliant, David!!!! There is a well documented problem with RSE if it does not shut down properly, and a quick link fix!!!! Thank You so much!

fix is here:
    http://forum.pixmantec.com/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6261/an/rawshooterfree2005/page/0#6261

ann
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    Anyone remember what the actual fix was? I've just hit this problem, and pixmantec have removed the fix from their site. Their current response is "download RSE 2006". I'm working on dial-up at the mo and don't have time to wait for a 5MB download and I'd really like to get RSE 2005 working umph.gif
    edited July 18, 2006
    Aaaaargh!!!! I have also the need for this fix again, and as Al says the fix is no longer available!!!!!

So suggestions about an upgrade or different program?????!!!!!
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited July 19, 2006
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Aaaaargh!!!! I have also the need for this fix again, and as Al says the fix is no longer available!!!!!

So suggestions about an upgrade or different program?????!!!!!

Have you tried installing RSE 2006? I believe it is still available on the Pixmantec site. It also has some nifty improvements over 2005. Get it while it lasts :D.
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2006
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    Have you tried installing RSE 2006? I believe it is still available on the Pixmantec site. It also has some nifty improvements over 2005. Get it while it lasts :D.
    Richard i thought it was too late ? Hope im wrong.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited July 19, 2006
    gus wrote:
    Richard i thought it was too late ? Hope im wrong.
    Here's the message on Pixmantec's site:
    Current version 1.2 (Windows only) Adobe Systems Inc has acquired the assets of Pixmantec ApS. RawShooter | Essentials will no longer be updated but will be available for download until shortly after Adobe Lightroom 1.0 is released as a shipping product. For information regarding the sale of Pixmantec assets please check our newsletter or the FAQ.
    Since Lightroom is still in beta, RSE should still be around. I love RSE, by the way. I haven't looked at Lightroom yet, but if it is as awful as Bridge, I will certainly stick with RSE till it ceases to function.

What I don't know is whether you can install 2006 over a screwed up version of 2005 without the missing patch. Hopefully someone will let us know here.

Cheers,