Comments

• Options
    WillPWillP Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited February 7, 2013
    Nice! I like this shot.
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2013
    Stitched panos are so often created with landscape images. For some reason, it's counterintuitive to rotate the camera to portrait mode when thinking about panos. This shot shows why it's a good idea to go against convention at times. The vertical orientation of the stitched shots works really well in conveying the grand scope of the scene.

That said, I have a couple of observations on the final postprocessing. First, there seems to be a greenish color cast that might benefit from a bit cooler white balance. There are also some artifacts of color shifting in the sky in the top right third of the shot (likely at a stitch point). At one point (about a quarter of the way from l to r on the top edge), there's what appears to be a remnant of some retouching/cloning that could be smoothed out a bit). A bit more tweaking on these would, IMO, make it even better.

I also wish the human subjects had a little more breathing room between them and the bottom edge. I suspect that hand holding and stitching may have required a bit more cropping at the middle than you intended in order to get the full width in.

So - my comments are to be taken with a grain of salt... er sand... I'm just looking at a spectacular image with lots of good stuff going on and musing about minor improvements. Terrific shot(s)!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    fool4thecityfool4thecity Registered Users Posts: 632 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2013
    Nice shot! I could really go for that (a walk on a beach) right now! I just came in from clearing the latest snowfall off the driveway.
  • Options
    bigpixbigpix Registered Users Posts: 371 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2013
    :ivar........ thanks
    Cheers...... Big Pix
    Lake Macquarie NSW Australia
    www.bigpix.smugmug.com
    Please do not EDIT
    my Images
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited February 12, 2013
    Bill made some great points, Bernie. But that's one fine shot! clap.gif
  • Options
    Gaby617Gaby617 Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2013
    Nice overall visual!
  • Options
    bigpixbigpix Registered Users Posts: 371 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2013
    ......... thanks

Let me just add that the people walked into my image and were not noticed till around the third exposure....... I was lucky to have then full length
    Cheers...... Big Pix
    Lake Macquarie NSW Australia
    www.bigpix.smugmug.com
    Please do not EDIT
    my Images