Took pictures of this beautiful girl...

krissykrissy Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited February 18, 2013 in People

Comments

• EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2013
    Ok other than her red eye tree frog look.
  • krissykrissy Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited February 7, 2013

what do you mean?
    edited February 7, 2013
    The eyes seem really red.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2013
    Hey Krissy.

First and foremost, welcome to the forum.

As for the girl and the photos, she is quite pretty. Great smile. Of the pics, I like the first the best. I crop it a bit though. Maybe as at 5x7 or 8x10 ratio. Lose some of the photo at the bottom. I think that will improve the shot.

The second is also a nice shot. The last shot, I think the composition is off. She's too centered in the frame where it doesn't make sense. Too much stuff going on around behind her. Either get in tighter and fill the the frame with her or have her step further from the background stuff so it's a bit blurred and put her in the right third of the frame.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2013
    Great subject with great expressions. You can help these alot by seeing if the photo manipulation program you use has a way to raise the black point. Usually you will have three sliders....a black point, mid point and highs. Digital prints tend to be flat and need the black point raised to bring some pop to them. Keep posting.
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2013
    Hi Krissy. Cool backgrounds and lovely subject. I agree these could benefit from a bit of pop, working with the black point would do that for you. Glad to welcome you to a wonderful forum. Keep posting! BTW the eyes look ok to me, and I didn't understand that comment either !
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • GothamGotham Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2013
    I've seen lots of criticisms of photos over the years. But that's the first time I've seen that criticism leveled, for sure.
  • DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2013
    Gotham wrote: »
    I've seen lots of criticisms of photos over the years. But that's the first time I've seen that criticism leveled, for sure.

Perhaps there is a monitor calibration issue Eph. Her eyes look amber/brown to me, like nearly every dark haired person I've ever met. Though I agree that either a black point or curves adjustment needs to be made to increase contrast. Also #3 seems a bit too centered to me.
    Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com
  • YaflyyadieYaflyyadie Registered Users Posts: 558 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2013

Harsh comment to a new forum member.headscratch.gif
    Carlos
    edited February 11, 2013
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    Hi Krissy. Cool backgrounds and lovely subject. I agree these could benefit from a bit of pop, working with the black point would do that for you. Glad to welcome you to a wonderful forum. Keep posting! BTW the eyes look ok to me, and I didn't understand that comment either !
    Thank you very much, i'll keep that in mind!
    The eyes seem really red.

Could have said that from the beginning, thank you though.
    Hey Krissy.

First and foremost, welcome to the forum.

As for the girl and the photos, she is quite pretty. Great smile. Of the pics, I like the first the best. I crop it a bit though. Maybe as at 5x7 or 8x10 ratio. Lose some of the photo at the bottom. I think that will improve the shot.

The second is also a nice shot. The last shot, I think the composition is off. She's too centered in the frame where it doesn't make sense. Too much stuff going on around behind her. Either get in tighter and fill the the frame with her or have her step further from the background stuff so it's a bit blurred and put her in the right third of the frame.

Thank you very much!
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    Thank you. That comment was a little strange, glad to know i'm not the only one who thought so too!
    Gotham wrote: »

Oh well, some people are just more harsh than others I suppose.
    Dreadnote wrote: »
    Perhaps there is a monster calibration issue Eph. Her eyes look amber/brown to me, like nearly every dark haired person I've ever met. Though I agree that either a black point or curves adjustment needs to be made to increase contrast. Also #3 seems a bit too centered to me.

Thank you & I agree with the comment on the last picture. I never really thought about how centered it was. Thank you again!
    Yaflyyadie wrote: »
    Harsh comment to a new forum member.headscratch.gif
    Carlos
    More like a harsh comment in general!
    edited February 12, 2013
    Sorry, the shots are great, the model is fantastic. But looks like the eyes have been manipulated a bit. And not thats thats a bad thing, just they really stand out as being more red than just lightened. Crap, does my trusty MBP need a monitor calibration?

I'm going to check this out again on my windows machine.
    edited February 12, 2013
    Sorry, the shots are great, the model is fantastic. But looks like the eyes have been manipulated a bit. And not thats thats a bad thing, just they really stand out as being more red than just lightened. Crap, does my trusty MBP need a monitor calibration?

I'm going to check this out again on my windows machine.

It's fine. The way you said "red eye tree frog looked" was a little offensive. I understand now. Perhaps I did dodge the eyes a little too much. Thank you though!
    edited February 13, 2013
    krissy wrote: »
    It's fine. The way you said "red eye tree frog looked" was a little offensive. I understand now. Perhaps I did dodge the eyes a little too much. Thank you though!
    thumb.gif

Keep em coming! Pretty much everyone else here is cool. :D
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2013
    She is really cute and with personality. Watch the left tilts...we probably all do it...when you click the shutter pushing down on that side of the camera.
    As mentioned learn how to make a levels adjustment to get your black and white points set.
    No need to mess with the eyes, better to leave them alone.
    Keep sharing.
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2013
    You have a lovely subject, now you just need to improve on your compositions a bit but that will come with time. When I first started I used to think all I had to do was point the camera at a good looking person and I would get good portraits but I learned the hard way that it doesn't end there.
    Welcome to the forums, look forward to watching your work improve with the help of these fine people.
    Yo soy Reynaldo