Joy, Sorrow, and Peace

sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,959 moderator
edited February 11, 2013 in The Dgrin Challenges
I visited Dgrin today to see what people entered for the latest challenge and cast my vote. Fun to see the "Centered" gallery and the next challenge. I also read some comments about lessened participation on dgrin. I am guessing that there are a variety of reasons. I've been pretty quiet for the past few months but it has nothing to do with the challenges themselves.

My most recent distractions were the birth of a new grand-daughter closely followed by the unexpected passing of my father. Such joy and sorrow in 3 short weeks! I spent the past two weeks with him and my four siblings in Colorado, easing his final days with us. And rejoicing whenever the cloud of Alzheimer's lifted....

Wishing you all the best and looking forward to participating in Dgrin again at some point in the future.

Gretchen

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,933 moderator
    edited February 8, 2013
    Congratulations on the birth of your grand-daughter! What an awesome gift I hope your dad had the chance to know of her birth and the joy it brings.

Sad to hear of your father's passing. May he rest in peace :(

All the best to you and your family too.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,959 moderator
    edited February 8, 2013
    Thank you, Ian. I wouldn't normally put something like this on a forum but I really appreciate the dgrin community and wanted to underscore that there can be many reasons that "regulars" may disappear for awhile that may have nothing to do with the specific challenges and how they are run. Many thanks to Joyce, yourself, and the other moderators who facilitate dgrin!
  • kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2013
    Gretchen, I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I hope you and your family can know peace.
    And, congratulations on the birth of a granddaughter! Your emotions have surely known some extremes recently!
    Missing you on dgrin, and hoping you can return to the challenges asap.
    Kate
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2013
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    I visited Dgrin today to see what people entered for the latest challenge and cast my vote. Fun to see the "Centered" gallery and the next challenge. I also read some comments about lessened participation on dgrin. I am guessing that there are a variety of reasons. I've been pretty quiet for the past few months but it has nothing to do with the challenges themselves.

My most recent distractions were the birth of a new grand-daughter closely followed by the unexpected passing of my father. Such joy and sorrow in 3 short weeks! I spent the past two weeks with him and my four siblings in Colorado, easing his final days with us. And rejoicing whenever the cloud of Alzheimer's lifted....

Wishing you all the best and looking forward to participating in Dgrin again at some point in the future.

Gretchen
    My condolences for your loss, and congratulations on your grand-daughter, too.

I understand how you must feel. I've had a similar situation going on in my family for several months now...
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited February 8, 2013
    Gretchen, my sincere condolences for the loss of your father. I can relate as I just recently lost mine a few weeks ago. Hard to say goodbye to loved ones.

Although congrates on the new grandbaby! Hopefully we will see some pics soon?

There really has not been any unusual pattern of participation to the challenges. There seems to always be a lull around the holiday seasons. But we are back up the the usual amounts the past couple of rounds so no worries! ;)
  • tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2013
    The highs are high and the lows are low. So sorry to hear about your father, but so excited to welcome a new baby!

Peace to you. welcome back.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2013
    So sorry to hear of your loss Gretchen, Alzheimers is such a cruel disease. & Congratulations on the new granddaughter - how exciting! Hope you live close enough to spoil her!
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2013
    Talk about highs and lows. Congrats on the new grand baby! Sorry to hear about the loss of your father. Both of my parents are gone, so I can relate.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com