Options

Canon 20mm 2.8 lens $299

wheresdavidwheresdavid Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
edited April 24, 2013 in House of Canon
Due to buying a 6D I need to sell some of my lenses either to help finance or because they won't work on a full frame camera. I'm the second owner and purchased this lens for the current trip I'm on to shoot night images. I'm currently in Yosemite and I don't have WIFI - I'm trying to figure out how to upload images from my phone. If you would like images I can text them to you. This is a sharp lens in great shape.

Comments

• Options
    ZuazuaZuazua Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited April 17, 2013
    Confused. This Does not work on FF Cams
    I thought this was a EF mount lens. Does this not work on your 6D. This will not work on my 5D then? Regarding images. Have you figured it out yet? Send a txt to your email address aand include your images. then Upload here?
  • Options
    wheresdavidwheresdavid Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2013
    Zuazua wrote: »
    I thought this was a EF mount lens. Does this not work on your 6D. This will not work on my 5D then? Regarding images. Have you figured it out yet? Send a txt to your email address aand include your images. then Upload here?

Sorry it took so long to reply - I was driving through Canada on my way to Alaska.
    I don't believe it works on full frame bodies.
  • Options
    scottgee1scottgee1 Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2013
    The Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 lens, like all other EF lenses, will work on all Canon full frame and crop (1.3x and 1.6x) bodies. I am not aware of a non-EF version of a Canon lens with this specification.

Lenses designated EF-S have a limited image circle and are designed for 1.6x crop bodies.

More recently, EF-M lenses have been introduced and these are for EOS M Digital Cameras.

hth/ScottGee1