Options

Nikkor 200mm f/4 macro

jthomasjthomas Registered Users Posts: 454 Major grins
edited February 10, 2013 in Nikon Land
I have decided to sell my beautiful Nikkor 200mm f/4 micro. It is a legendary lens, and my sample is in excellent condition. Comes with the original box and leather-covered case.

Bjørn Rørslett says: "I consider this one of Nikon's premier lenses."

Photozone's review says:

The Micro-Nikkor AF 200mm f/4 D ED is an excellent lens with no real weaknesses. The resolution figures are very good to excellent. You may argue that the new AF-S 105mm f/2.8G VR is somewhat sharper but the AF 200mm f/4 offers a longer working distance of 26cm vs 14cm - a good argument in favor of the old lens when it comes to nervous critters in macro photography. The vignetting at f/4 is not field relevant and both the distortion and CA characteristic are outstanding. The bokeh (out-of-focus blur) is exceptionally smooth and buttery. Typical for such oldies the build quality is superb whereas the old-style AF (driven by the camera) is very slow but then macro photographers tend to prefer to focus manually anyway. At around 1400€/US$ the entry hurdle for this lens is a bit steep.

Used ones are rare, and new ones run about $1650. Tremendous working distance for 1:1 magnification.

$1200 covers shipping and Paypal. For an additional $30 I'll throw in a RRS tripod plate designed for this lens.

Sample image:

840568491_NKTe5-O.jpg