Options

School Portraiture Printing?

ScootersbabygirlScootersbabygirl Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
edited February 11, 2013 in Mind Your Own Business
I've been slowly building my business in this area and suddenly a LOT of people are asking me when I will start doing school portraiture. I'll be honest - I'm still not sure if I want to. BUT the local photographer who DOES do school portraiture is not getting any younger. He has pretty much locked in this area and become the only photographer - anyway, I digress.

I currently use online printing and allow my clients to print what they would like. My question, however, is this: HOW do you print school portraits?! Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2013
    I put three proofs on an order form. I don't do packages. There is no minimum order. I also offer a disc as an option on the order form. An e-mail is also sent home to parents with the link to the galleries. Order forms are due two weeks after they are sent home, and I deliver prints to the school two weeks after that. I only do two schools. One is a preschool and kinder with about 100 students and the other is an independent school with preschool-high school and only 150 students. Small schools allow for me to take the kids outside for photos and I can spread it out over 2 or 3 half days per school. I wouldn't want to do a lot of schools, but it is a consistent source of income from year to year.