Options

Roger & Pete shot with the P7700

EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
edited February 15, 2013 in Cameras
~~~ THE WHO ~~~

So an hour before the show I decided to get the P7700, got some awesome seats 8 rows back for a third the price, and was absolutely blown away from their performance. :super:super:super

:drums Neat tribute to Keith Moon too. But didnt catch that.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

These were shot manual at 1/250th f/4 1600 ISO

DSCN0065-XL.jpg

DSCN0064-XL.jpg

DSCN0083-XL.jpg

DSCN0060-XL.jpg

DSCN0093-XL.jpg

:bow

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,894 moderator
    edited February 11, 2013
    "Very" nice results considering the lighting you had to deal with. clap.gif

ISO 1600 is looking better and better with every new generation of cameras and Nikon (Sony, et al) deserves "kudos" for their latest developments and you deserve credit for your choices of exposure and composition and timing. thumb.gif

(I would recommend cropping #1 and #3 even a little tighter, however. I suspect that the images carry sufficient detail for the crop and those images will yield better intimacy with a tighter crop.)
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2013
    Thanks! Good advice Ziggy. Done. I was afraid to loose detail with a little P&S camera but, still ok I think.
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2013
    Nice pics. My wife and I are taking a cruise to the Bahamas as part of our vacation...and I'm getting the P7700 as a point and shoot so that I don't have to carry four grand worth of camera gear every where I go...

How did the rest of your shots turn out? How much post processing, if any?
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2013
    Ed911 wrote: »
    Nice pics. My wife and I are taking a cruise to the Bahamas as part of our vacation...and I'm getting the P7700 as a point and shoot so that I don't have to carry four grand worth of camera gear every where I go...

How did the rest of your shots turn out? How much post processing, if any?

I'll sell ya mine if the store or Nikon wont take it back!

The only thing I did to them pics in Lightroom was;

Crop
    one notch on the sharpen
    and one notch on the luminance noise reduction.
    And the one with Pete and the classic guitar a notch or two on the -highlights.

My daughter played with the same pics and really cleaned them up. But I wanted to keep it simple. Quite good right out of the camera, and about a 30-50% crop on them.
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2013
    I'll sell ya mine if the store or Nikon wont take it back!

Why do you want to take it back?

Just curious.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2013
    Oh, I'm so pissed with Nikon!

Two things that really bug me about this camera.

1. I work for the news part time, but I dont want to carry my D800 around all the time, so I got the P7700, and I probably would have got another Canon, or maybe even that new Sony, or the Panny. But I thought I would be neat to play with my wireless triggers and my strobes. But the camera comes up with a message, and wont even work at all with it. Might as well been some other brand. "but it has Commander mode" Big freakin deal. Thats like a spare tire for your new motorhome, and that super dandy folding jack under the seat.

2. They advertise it works with the Eye Fi cards. Yet, it DOESNT!!

Even the little EyeFI logo shows up, then I get the message 'Card not compatible' WTF!!

From Eyefi's site;

Eye-Fi X2 Cards
    No known Eye-Fi X2 cards will work with this camera.
    Known Issues
    The Nikon Coolpix P7700 is not compatible with Eye-Fi X2 Cards.

So I did the update on the card, and it works, once in a while. But it requires me to cycle the camera on and off till it works, and hardly reliable at that.

So thats the biggest deal breaker. All the other brands are approved on Eyefi's site. But not Nikons top P&S.

So, I emailed Nikon, and heres their stupid reply;

Thank you for contacting Nikon Customer Support, I'll be happy to assist you.
    We thank you for your comments and suggestions regarding our products. Nikon strives to take all possible steps for the improvement of its products and welcomes the submission of good ideas. We rely heavily on our research and development departments and we appreciate your feedback.

Yeah, right. Whatever.

The whole Nikon company is a joke, and I see why their sales are in a decline. Its a huge regret. But, it does take fine pics, and the video is good too.