Options

Insurance or NO insurance?

starsong1966starsong1966 Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited February 23, 2013 in Mind Your Own Business
I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for Pro Photographers insurance?
I found this site and wondered if anyone uses them? http://www.prophotographersinsurance.com/
I also have contacted my local insurance agency and they have provided an annual quote for $500.00. I was thinking that was really good but then I saw that place on line called Pro Photographers insurance and they would be alot less expensive. So does anyone have any recommendations? I need liability in case someone decides they didn't like my photos and want to sue me, and also want my equipment covered in case of breakage or theft! ($10,000)!
I do not have a studio but a room in my home and just about all of my work is outdoors or at client's home. let me know please!
Thanks!
C. Gentz

Comments

• Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2013
    Contact Hill and Usher. Especially when you're talking about liability you want a real outfit.
  • Options
    starsong1966starsong1966 Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2013
    ok
    Thanks John! :D
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,905 moderator
    edited February 23, 2013
    If you are working in a client's home or if they are coming into your home, you need to be insured. If you are setting up equipment, even outdoors, you need insurance.

I would contact Hill and Usher. They will have a better idea of what you need to be covered for.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?