Fedora and some rim light

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited February 18, 2013 in People
A few shots from our morning portrait session for the 365 project. Loved all of these so thought I'd share on its own thread. Love to hear your thoughts. I initially thought I'd process these in B&W but I like the tones of the hat and her skin in color so that's the direction I went.

DSC_9502-Edit-X2.jpg

DSC_9501-Edit-X2.jpg

DSC_9500-Edit-X2.jpg

DSC_9509-Edit-X2.jpg

DSC_9516-Edit-X2.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2013
    Number four is absolutely out of this world spectacular. Light, pose, color is all spot on perfect. Might get rid of the light on her cheek though so you just see nose, lips and chin. Certainly ain't a deal breaker for me as is.

I want a copy to hang on the wall in my Bar/Game/Media Room/Mancave. Thinking 40 X 60 or so.

REALLY WELL DONE!
  • DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2013
    Number four is absolutely out of this world spectacular. Light, pose, color is all spot on perfect. Might get rid of the light on her cheek though so you just see nose, lips and chin. Certainly ain't a deal breaker for me as is.

I want a copy to hang on the wall in my Bar/Game/Media Room/Mancave. Thinking 40 X 60 or so.

REALLY WELL DONE!

+1 Pretty nice as is, would be downright awesome if you lost the cheek light, though there is no way in hell my wife is letting me put that on any wall I'll ever see. eek7.gif
    Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com
    edited February 13, 2013
    Dreadnote wrote: »
    though there is no way in hell my wife is letting me put that on any wall I'll ever see. eek7.gif

One of the benefits of being old. Wives don't care anymore. It was explained to me like this...

"At your age, it's like the dog who chases cars, even if he did catch one, it's not like he'd be able to drive it!"
  • DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2013
    One of the benefits of being old. Wives don't care anymore. It was explained to me like this...

"At your age, it's like the dog who chases cars, even if he did catch one, it's not like he'd be able to drive it!"

rolleyes1.gif
    Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2013
    Totally outstanding.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2013
    super stuff..#4 as well but all are good
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2013

Sad but true. My wife understands that I see 20 something and gorgeous, THEY see 60 year old, white haired bowling ball.rolleyes1.gif

Alex, I love this entire series. Something to try next studio shoot.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2013
    I don't have the words....................simply fantastic!

Sam
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2013
    Wow... thanks for all the positive remarks guys. I really like these as well and will probably have a couple of them printed up.

Not sure if you're serious about the print Bryce but if you are, let me know.

My Smug Site
  • LubinskiLubinski Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited February 14, 2013
    HAHAHAH! #4 is pretty awesome. Nice work.
    ~Lubinski
  • FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2013
    fan-friggin-tastic!! WOW!
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2013
    I love this series! I may have to steal this idea.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2013
    Thanks guys. For those interested, its a very simple setup. Two gridded strip boxes behind her on the left and right. The boxes were about 3 feet behind and about 1.5 foot to the side. I placed them so that most of the light was hitting her back and then adjusted them until I got the wrap around light I wanted with her facing me. Lights were metered both at f/5.6. That's it. Light setup is the same with all the shots. I just had her shift a bit with each shot to get the light I wanted.

My Smug Site
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited February 15, 2013
    Very nice, Alex. Arms are a bit bright in the first one, but the rest of the set looks spot on. Very lovely.
  • Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2013
    Alex what happened to the 365 thread?
    edited February 15, 2013
    Alex what happened to the 365 thread?

Oh... I just haven't had time to update it. I will though. Unfortunately, there are two days I won't be posting because my wife was not feeling well and the only way she allowed me to take the photos was to promise I would not be sharing them. I agreed.

I will update the thread tonight.

My Smug Site
    edited February 16, 2013
    #4 with the light on the face removed:

DSC_9509-Edit-Edit-X3.jpg

My Smug Site
  • wave01wave01 Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2013
    really great series prefer the original #4
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2013
    Late to the party, but GREAT set, Alex.
    edited February 16, 2013
    Absolutely, I'm serious! I'd print this in a heart beat and truly hang it on the wall next to other similar pieces that I and others have done over the years.

The entire image hints at hotness, but in a suggestive way that takes the sensuality over the top because it's not overt.

Tell your wife that until this series was posted, Phoebe Cates (circa Paradise) had my all time favorite bottom. Now that you posted number 4, and the fact that the image leaves you wishing that you could see more, this one goes to the head of the class of all time "bottoms"!

Old show biz adage, "always leave them wanting more"!
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2013
    Bryce, you crack me up. They say photographers do it in the dark but as a trombone player we can do it in seven different positions. You gotta be a bone player to figure out the last one.
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2013
    Nice work, number four totally rocks!
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2013
  • Gaby617Gaby617 Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2013