Swimming hole

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited February 24, 2013 in Street and Documentary
DSC_5593-X2.jpg

I'm not sure I'm happy with the post on this yet. It still feels too hot. I'd be interested in feedback.

Comments

• lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2013
    I like the geometry and the different layers the lines create,but it doesn't seem to have any particular focal point. The swimmer doesn't capture my attention much and the overall image has a cold,flat feeling to it. Just my opinion . Hopefully others might have something more to add .
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2013
    Hey Lensmole,

The colour is slightly flat giving it that cold feeling. It's a pp technique I've been playing with which includes reduced saturation. I might have another crack at it.
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2013
    I get the cold feeling Jenn but I agree that I'm not drawn to the swimmer. Can you play a bit with the crop to bring him in a touch more?
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2013
    The river and the path lead me right to the swimmer and the frigid expectation. I get the feeling. Love it.
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2013
    Patti, I could trim a little off the top of the frame taking it to a 16:9 aspect ratio. That might bring a little more attention to the swimmer.