Henry

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited February 18, 2013 in People
I'm working on a home setup with the lighting I have (3 speed lights) and the occasional family friend's kids to experiment on.

This is a simple three light head shot of Henry. Thoughts?
DSC_2469-X2.jpg

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2013
    Decent shot. Lighting on the face is good. Something bugs me about it and I can't seem to put my finger on it. Not sure if it's the backdrop, that its too bright or that more of his shoulders aren't showing.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2013
    I'm with Cuban. It's good, but something bothers me. I think it may be too tight with too much empty space on the sides.
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2013
    I think it's the eyes that are a little off. The pupils are huge and the whites are so white. The teeth look a bit bright to me, as well.
  • TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2013
    I think it is the pupils are dialated and the white is not white on the background. I am on my iPad not my calibrated monitor so I will say that is a maybe but it does not look like it would register 255 and his teeth are brighter white then the background. I might have shot this on grey instead.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2013
    I think the pupils bother me the most. Some kind of contacts???
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2013
    The shot was taken in a darkened room, thus the dilated pupils. As to the white teeth and eyes, his really are that bright. This was an impromptu shot. I was set up in a new working area I've created in my apartment. I've made accommodation for a background but haven't purchased or set one up as of yet.

Thanks for the feedback.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2013
    The white bkg you have is ok. To get the pupils smaller just turn on a light and bounce it off a wall just watch it so it doesn't create too much fill. Whatever your using for a main you can add a light bulb to that to help the eyes.
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2013
    Definitely use a modeling lamp or another light source to offset the dilated pupils, you'll show more of the eye color that way.
    Yo soy Reynaldo