Chanel 5 News Crew

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited February 21, 2013 in Street and Documentary
This was taken at a Los Gatos town hall meeting about restricting gun stores in the city.
i-L3Psvsp-L.jpg

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2013
    And so what happened?
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2013
    bfjr wrote: »
    And so what happened?

Remember even though it's just a small town counsel, it's still government.

They went into the town hall meeting with a preconceived agenda, (they don't want gun shops in their town) but hadn't really done their homework so the default answer is they formed a committee to research the issue.

Just like big government all the real discussions and work will be done behind closed doors.

Sam
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2013
    I've noticed you like to turn the camera back onto the news crews fairly often. Is there a way to weave that into something more? An environmental portrait of a sound dude or cameraman? Something that draws us into their world? I think it would be interesting.
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2013
    michswiss wrote: »
    I've noticed you like to turn the camera back onto the news crews fairly often. Is there a way to weave that into something more? An environmental portrait of a sound dude or cameraman? Something that draws us into their world? I think it would be interesting.

It's quite doable. I don't know if word of the Travon Martin shooting reached
    your part of the world, but it was quite a big thing here. I did a whole series
    of shots of the demonstrations and the press coverage. I have a SmugMug
    gallery on that at:

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/Sanford-2012-The-media/22571702_ndKNHJ#!i=1761812064&k=5zRQffV

Many of my shots were of the media people covering the event. There were media
    from all over the world in Sanford (just outside of Orlando) that week. The gentleman
    in the green tie eating pizza (2012-04-12-05) and in 2012-04-12-04 is, I believe,
    from your part of the world.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2013
    michswiss wrote: »

I don't remember photographing news crew that much, but then again i forget what or if i had breakfast. :D

I will try and remember this and see what I come up with.

In this specific case I didn't have a lot of room to move around, so I got what I got. But next time....ne_nau.gif

Sam