Enviromental Portrait

lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
edited February 19, 2013 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2013
    He looks happy to be there. I'm sure you've checked this but the horizon has the slightest hint of a tilt to the left. I'm also slightly bothered by the darkness of the snow. Any chance of having it whiter?

As I look at it, I very much like the trail of footprints leading back to the horizon and the general composition is good.
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2013
    Iceman
    michswiss wrote: »
    He looks happy to be there. I'm sure you've checked this but the horizon has the slightest hint of a tilt to the left. I'm also slightly bothered by the darkness of the snow. Any chance of having it whiter?

As I look at it, I very much like the trail of footprints leading back to the horizon and the general composition is good.

Thank you for your input ! What do you think of this rework ? He was looking forward to the the sun coming out and burning off the clouds. He was giving a instructional work shop on how to save people when they fall through the ice.His foot steps lead to a big hole in the ice where he was going to give a demonstration to some students who hadn't arrived yet.

i-2hrjH7R-L.jpg
  • karloznzkarloznz Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2013
    Damn it now the foot prints aren't so clear.. not sure what adjustment to suggest to bring the out a bit ??
    Carl Lea Wedding and event photographer - Wellington - Web Site
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2013
    Very nice shot! I think I prefer #1, or something between #1 and #2. #2 is too bright for me.
    edited February 18, 2013
    Somewhere in between
    karloznz wrote: »
    Damn it now the foot prints aren't so clear.. not sure what adjustment to suggest to bring the out a bit ??
    Juano wrote: »
    Very nice shot! I think I prefer #1, or something between #1 and #2. #2 is too bright for me.

Thank you both for your feedback ! Here is something in between the two, but retains a bit more detail in the snow.

i-FxFVrJS-L.jpg
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2013
    Leave it alone. 1st image is fine.
    Don't put to much stock in what Folks say about Highs & Lows, everyones screen is different.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2013
    bfjr wrote: »
    Don't put to much stock in what Folks say about Highs & Lows, everyones screen is different.

That's true. Still, I think version 1.5 is better.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2013
    I'm with Ctistobal on this one. On my screen, the last version is the most pleasing presentation.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2013
    I'm with Ctistobal on this one. On my screen, the last version is the most pleasing presentation.

Tom

Ok I'll concede version #1.5 is cleaner on my screen as well.
    Not taking anything away from my original statement :D
    edited February 19, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    That's true. Still, I think version 1.5 is better.

Tom
    Ok I'll concede version #1.5 is cleaner on my screen as well.
    Not taking anything away from my original statement :D

Thanks a million folks very much appreciated !