Options

"Empty Gallery" text

RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
edited February 20, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Just a FYI guys. It would be AWESOME if instead of showing "empty gallery" text on a new public gallery (waiting for photos) to be changed to "Coming soon".
A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2013
    This sounds like a nice idea for the SmugMug feedback page.

In the meantime, you could perhaps create a photo with your desired wording and upload it to your gallery after creating it. Once you're uploading the actual photos, you could just delete the "coming soon" photo from the gallery.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    oceanthrstyoceanthrsty Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2013
    Yeah I'm going to have to say what Rainforest says is about the only way to handle it. Trust me I've asked around for a while to have this ability.

We've done a couple things:

1)create a graphic that says "coming soon - like our Facebook page to be notified when photos are available". Upload the image, and then link to it in the description of the gallery, add some HTML code to center it and make the picture a link to your Facebook page.

or

2) create a graphic that says "coming soon - enter your email address above to be notified". Then go create a free and simple wufoo form that collects just email addresses. Once the pictures are online email everybody using a free account from mailchimp.com. (this is the way we used to do it, but FB is just so much easier)

Good luck.