Options

Photoshop to smugmug workflow???

cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
edited August 12, 2004 in Finishing School
So what steps do you take to get an image in Photoshop ready for posting on smugmug?

I was just using either Save for Web or Imageready to generate a jpeg from my PSD files. I've been running Photoshop in AdobeRGB mode, and the jpegs I was creating were in sRGB. I started having horrible color shifts between my PSD files and my jpegs. I've started using Convert to Profile to switch to sRGB before exporting my jpegs. Anyone know how I can bypass this step?

My other concern is keeping the EXIF data with my jpegs. I know that if I go through Imageready to generate my jpegs, I have the option of keeping the EXIF data. It's just a pain in the butt to do it that way. Anyone know of a better solution?

Comments

• Options
    spocklingspockling Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2004
    cletus wrote:
    So what steps do you take to get an image in Photoshop ready for posting on smugmug?

I was just using either Save for Web or Imageready to generate a jpeg from my PSD files. I've been running Photoshop in AdobeRGB mode, and the jpegs I was creating were in sRGB. I started having horrible color shifts between my PSD files and my jpegs. I've started using Convert to Profile to switch to sRGB before exporting my jpegs. Anyone know how I can bypass this step?

My other concern is keeping the EXIF data with my jpegs. I know that if I go through Imageready to generate my jpegs, I have the option of keeping the EXIF data. It's just a pain in the butt to do it that way. Anyone know of a better solution?
    How bout the resize image under the help tab? I tried this and it kept the exif data, but it didn't optimize itself.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2004
    don't use save for web ...
    i use "save as" and then the exif is retained.
    cletus wrote:

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 12, 2004
    andy wrote:
    i use "save as" and then the exif is retained.
    me too. i found that this most simple way actually works the best. I had the same color shifts as you, cletus, now i just pull my RAW's in as sRGB and it works more consistently and i get much better colors.

Simplify simplify!!! :D
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]