More Racing on Mt Hood

Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
edited February 26, 2013 in Sports
We had 14 & 15 year racers from all over the Pacific Northwest competing on Mt Hood in a Qualifier race this past weekend. Most of these kids raced 3 days over the weekend and then headed to Mt Bachelor for another 2 days of racing there. Here are a couple of my favorites:

i-sGC4SpM-XL.jpg

i-CBHrtzw-XL.jpg

#3 Love the coordination of the goggles and the helmet
i-hCtCrnM-XL.jpg

i-V7JPJRg-XL.jpg
Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
www.mikejulianaphotography.com
Facebook

Comments

• AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2013
    I always get a thrill looking at your work (mind you I have never lived in a place that snows!!). I love the clarity and the expressions - you can see the essence of sports competition in these. I think #3 is my favourite - control "on-the-edge" and your timing just "makes" the image. My next would be #4 - just oozes speed and concentration.
    In #2, are participants OK with having their face partially covered? I love the intensity in both #1 and #2. Thanks for sharing (please keep them coming!)
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2013
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    I always get a thrill looking at your work (mind you I have never lived in a place that snows!!). I love the clarity and the expressions - you can see the essence of sports competition in these. I think #3 is my favourite - control "on-the-edge" and your timing just "makes" the image. My next would be #4 - just oozes speed and concentration.
    In #2, are participants OK with having their face partially covered? I love the intensity in both #1 and #2. Thanks for sharing (please keep them coming!)
    Thanks for the kind words. You will definitely see more photos as there are 3 more races coming up in the next 3 weeks. I don't think having part of the faces covered is a big thing when they are looking at buying the photos. They are more looking at their form - especially at this age. I do have to say that the kids in these 4 images are in the upper echelon for their age group so their technique is pretty darn good.
    Mike J

Facebook
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited February 22, 2013
    The kid in the first shot looks completely at ease racing. Same with the third.

All are great shots.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2013
    ian408 wrote: »
    The kid in the first shot looks completely at ease racing. Same with the third.

All are great shots.
    Thanks Ian. I love watching SL racing because at this age they do make it look so easy. Check out Mikaela Shiffrin's Gold Medal winning runs here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zVwjJUBMZIo
    Mike J

Facebook