Tips for beautiful black and white pictures

Matej Michalik Fine ArtMatej Michalik Fine Art Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited February 24, 2013 in Technique
Neusiedler-XL.jpg

If you like this picture and want to get more information, please feel free to see my website which is dedicated to Black and White Photography.

I am a new member here so let me introduce myself. My name is Matej Michalik and I live in Slovakia. I got in touch with photography in 2010 and from the beginning my intuition was leading me towards black and white photos. I just like to see things in monochromatical way.

I shoot mainly landscape, architecture and street. I use mostly long exposure techniques because I like to catch the motion which is so unique. I never blur images in photoshop, I often use filters for long exposure shots. I will share some tips for black and white conversion workflow and other tips for photographers here later in more articles.

So now let me tell you some technical information about the Image above:

Nikon D800 + Nikon 16-35
ISO:100, 26mm, f/16, 210 sec.
Two filters was used: LEE Big stopper + LEE 1,2 ND
For conversion to black and white I used Nik Software Silver Efex Pro2 + Photoshop for dodging and burning, levels and curves.

You can also subscribe your e-mail address at my website Matej Michalik, Black and White Photography if you want to follow my work. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Matej

Comments