Options

Flames

DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
edited March 2, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
FlamesCombined_PanoWM_5603-X2.jpg

Reminds me of an SR 71 or perhaps an A10 :D
Was wondering why it took me so long to do something with my flames pictures :dunno
As a single the image wasn't doing it so much for me. But combined... the game changed :thumb
Was glad to find that :D
Michael

Comments

• Options
    JoReJoRe Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited February 24, 2013
    Really nice! I should move from smoke to fire :D Composition looks great, but if I may, I would have removed the "stray" flame parts at the bottom. They draw attention that they I don't think they deserve.
    Jon Reveman
    http://blog.jonreveman.com - - My little blog around photography, tutorials and short stories
    http://reveman.smugmug.com - Photo gallery
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited February 25, 2013
    Nice image, Michael. One could read all sorts of things into it. The exposure is just right. It feels a little cramped, though. How about adding some space all around?
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2013
    JoRe wrote: »
    Really nice! I should move from smoke to fire :D Composition looks great, but if I may, I would have removed the "stray" flame parts at the bottom. They draw attention that they I don't think they deserve.
    You may :D and I could not agree more that those aspects are not doing the image any favors and must go. They will be gone in the final.
    I am glad you like the image Jon and I do look forward to seeing what your keen skills will do with flames as you have mastered smoke. I figure you know just what to do to get flames but will mention
    that I discovered that I need to increase my DOF from f2.8 to something that will catch more detail within the flame structures.
    Appreciate your feedback :D Thank you!

Richard wrote: »
    Nice image, Michael. One could read all sorts of things into it. The exposure is just right. It feels a little cramped, though. How about adding some space all around?
    Thank you Richard. Am glad this result works for you save for giving it some breathing room which I will do if those are not the outside edges. Or I suppose I could just drop it on black.
    Thank you for leaving this feedback as I did not catch the crowed feel nor think of a solution till you mentioned. thumb.gif
    Michael
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2013
    Cool effect Michael..... has many potential applications - ad, album cover, etc. Or just fun!
    I always see faces, and do so here - but I do see the A10 also!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2013
    Agreed :D there are many possible potentials for this one. The more I look into parts here and there
    within the piece the wilder it gets. Amazing. Flipped 180 itself goes interesting too let alone digging inward. This also changes the faces or whole bodies standing. Like this one.
    She & He King Queen To Be
    F_SheAndHe_WMweb_5603-XL.jpg

Very cool you see many faces and shapes and also the A10 mwink.gif Can you make these out too?
    For me... in the verticle column starting above the central hot yellow peak (which is a big eyed kitty)
    is the bright dressed woman. Tassels hanging from her tall and split hat. An helmeted early 19th century African Explorer appears just below her neck. Behind her is the Man with arms outstreched.
    Behind him is an ET ?
    An SR71 image on another website that resembles what I saw aside from the A10 in the original posted image.
    Decided not to post all the abstract faces I see as there are too many and I don't want to tire folks
    patience with each carrying a watermater. Hate to mark but feel it a must.
    Michael
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2013
    I sure wish I could capture fire; I find it difficult. I think it is a great image! Would look great on metal!
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2013
    I like both of them, Michael. Good work.
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2013
    Eia wrote: »
    I sure wish I could capture fire; I find it difficult. I think it is a great image! Would look great on metal!
    Thank you Eia. Really pleased this result appeals to you.
    Agreed, I also find getting a fire picture difficult. I have taken one heck of a lot of them and very very
    few were decent enough to continue with. Despite my many failures at it I decided to keep trying.
    Glad I did. All I can say is stay with your efforts to gather some flame pictures. You are sure to find
    success via your persistence and I know you to be persistent.
    One of these days I hope to try a print on metal. This one might actually be color correct
    enough to print exactly as I see on my screen. I am having a real difficult time with that.
    Thanks again Eia :D
    Michael
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2013
    Cornflake wrote: »
    I like both of them, Michael. Good work.
    Appreciate your saying Don :D Thank you very much
    Michael