Options

Older Vivtar Lens

ccriderccrider Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited February 24, 2013 in Cameras
Hi All, First post as you can see. I've been poking around here for a while now and after spending an unusual amount of time going through the great shots I thought I better sign up.

Any way I have a question.
I was going through my stuff the other day and ran across a Vivitar lens. 28-105mm f2.8-3.8 series 1. It was fine in it's day. My questions is, is there a market for these? I'm sure I could list it in the classifieds, just wondering if it will ever move or just disappear in the abyss. I hate to let it just sit if someone would use it.

IMG_1316_zpsb12aafbf.jpg

I think I posted this in the right spot. Mods, feel free to move if needed.
Thanks
curt

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,894 moderator
    edited February 24, 2013
    This was one of the better "value" lenses in the Vivitar Series One lenses, and it could produce rather nice results just stopping down a little. I seem to recall some serious vignetting at one end or the other but it was a very satisfying lens to use.

Part of the value of this lens depends on the particular lens mount. If this is a Nikon, Canon or Pentax mount I believe that it should hold better value than any other mount type. It was not a terribly expensive lens at any time, but it should sell at around the $75-$125USD range (private sale), depending on mount and condition.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    ccriderccrider Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited February 24, 2013
    Thanks for the reply. It's a Nikon, mount but I have Canon gear now, so I have no plans on using it. I suppose I'll put in the classifieds and see what happens.
    Thanks
    Curt