Daughter, Julie and Sons

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited November 28, 2005 in People
46285914-L.jpg

OK, it is now after 5 AM. This didn't come out like Kelby promised, plus I see a typo.

But it will be nice for them, I think. Am just sharing. She is my oldest daughter. They are my oldest grandchildren. Ryan, at the bottom, he is in college. Chris will be next year.

I am going to e-mail her a photo and go to bed.

Night, ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Aaron WilsonAaron Wilson Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2005
    Nice...
    Love the idea... is that a plugin used for the frames?
    www.dipphoto.com
    All feed back is welcomed!!

http://www.dipphoto.com/

:lust :lust
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2005
    Good work, ginger!
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2005
    Thank you, Yuri!

Aaron, no it is from Scott Kelby's book on CS2. I thought it looked cool, but I haven't found a use until now. The background is supposed to drop out completely: it didn't. I think I was supposed to hit backspace on a PC windows, and there would just be the overlapping frames.

When that didn't happen, I made the background a light black and white, just so I could send it. It is a nice effect anyway.

After Thanksgiving dinner, Julie just stood up with her sons and said to take their photo. I was concerned about the background, the fact that the lowest son, in a chair, he didn't want his photo taken. And it was important to Julie. I didn't notice that they should all be closer to the same height, considering the background and all.

I think this technique saved me/us. I do have about 5 of those photos all together, none of them that good, but I can play with them.............some fine day.

Thanks for stopping and commenting.

ginger (I like frames and things, I would really like one of those 200.00 frame plug in things. Since frames aren't that popular here, I have learned to do without, just as well, I don't set up plug ins well. I got some cool ones with a book, put them on my PC, have not been able to find them since.)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2005
    Cool effect Ginger. I think it works in "saving" what otherwise might have been a stale photo. I put "saving" in quotes because their expressions are lively and the regular shot probably would have been ok also.

I could also see adding other items in the lower left to fill in the space. Maybe some film strips with smaller versions of the other images you took....

Erich
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2005
    This is really a neat picture. It has energy and good cheer in spades. Love the smiles on all three. Really like the way you handled the bodies. I think it is a good thing that they did not disappear. Your picture is truly a one-of -a- kind and I'll bet your daughter is thrilled with it. (The boys should be happy too.)

BTW, I loved your beautiful portrait of your son-in-law and grandson Jackson. That was gorgeous - professional caliber yet something that no photographer could have captured in a studio.

Virginia

Email