Options

Blank DVD with logo suggestions

photodad1photodad1 Registered Users Posts: 566 Major grins
edited March 4, 2013 in Mind Your Own Business
I am looking for a company that will take my business logo and place it on blank DVD's so I can use them to copy my client's photos on them. Does anyone have any suggestions on what company to use?

Comments

• Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2013
    I do my own on my inkjet printers.

I can put a client pic on the disk which they love. The personalisation goes a long way over just having YOUR logo.
    The quality of the printed disks I get is fantastic.

Personally I would never bother sending them out to a company unless you are needing like 100 a week. I can set a template up in the printer software, drop the image I want to use in and hit a button and it's done. Too easy, cheap and Customisable for each client for me to send out.
  • Options
    tebogantebogan Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2013
    Glort wrote: »

I can put a client pic on the disk which they love. The personalisation goes a long way over just having YOUR logo.

Personally I would never bother sending them out to a company unless you are needing like 100 a week. I can set a template up in the printer software, drop the image I want to use in and hit a button and it's done. Too easy, cheap and Customisable for each client for me to send out.

I agree with Glort. That little something extra shows the customer you really care and go the extra mile to make a great product for them.clap.gif
    Photography is the art of making an image of what you see so others can see what you saw.
  • Options
    photodad1photodad1 Registered Users Posts: 566 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2013

What inkjet printer do you recommend?
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2013
    Canon.

I have a swag of the things and I literally print thousands of prints with them and have done hundreds of disks as well.

I have had a couple of heads burn out but so far, not one printer itself has failed.
    I just bought an epsom. ( see my rant in the ball portraits thread) but I have not tried printing a disk with it so I can't say what they are like in that application.
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2013
    I have an HP Photosmart C5240 All-In-One that does an awesome job of printing labels on CD/DVD's. I use SureThing CD/DVD Labeler software for the layout and printing. The thing I like about the HP printer is that I can load the printer with 8.5x11 & 5x7 photo paper at the same time, as it has a smaller tray in the main tray for the smaller paper. I shot some little league baseball last season, and at the end of the season, they took two teams to play a fun game at the site of the Little League World Series in Williamsport, PA. I took a bunch of shots of the day, and then created a slideshow and put it on a DVD, and then created a label for the DVD with an image I shot of the stadium before the game. I also did the same thing for the cover of the DVD case. It turned out to be a huge hit with the parents after they seen one of them. I started out just making 1 for each of the coaches, but ended up selling close to 40 to the parents, after the coaches showed the parents the actual DVD and case.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2013
    I do Golf days where I deliver mag covers with shots taken of the players on course during the game and put together a slide show as well that the event organisers also give to each player. I pre-print the disks and Then burn on site with a burning tower I made up that does 5 copies at a time.

I do a group shot before the start of the game and put that on the DVD slick. I usually make up a graphic for the DVD itself because putting a group shot on the disk means someone's head is where the hole is and they miss out and trying to position a group shot don't look so good anyway.
    The Guests are always amazed when they see the cover and realise it's the shot from that morning. I think that one thing alone gets me a lot of interest because I always get enquiry s about covering other events even before the Show is presented during the luncheon.

I like the Idea of putting the venue on the Disk, I could run some effects on the image and have it looking real funky!
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2013
    Canon.

I have a swag of the things and I literally print thousands of prints with them and have done hundreds of disks as well.

I have had a couple of heads burn out but so far, not one printer itself has failed.
    I just bought an epsom. ( see my rant in the ball portraits thread) but I have not tried printing a disk with it so I can't say what they are like in that application.

Yes. Print your own, personalize it too!

The Epsom was easier to use/load the tray for DVd prints, but the Canon I bought has been trouble free. The Epsom began spitting-ink on my disc's rather early in my ownership and nothing I did quelled it's mess.

Canon~
    tom wise
  • Options
    GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2013
    photodad1 wrote: »
    I am looking for a company that will take my business logo and place it on blank DVD's so I can use them to copy my client's photos on them. Does anyone have any suggestions on what company to use?

I don't give many dvd's with my orders since I charge a premium for my digital files and the smaller orders get emailed, or uploaded to a cloud. But I do have a lightscribe that I can use and make custom labels for people. I can already see the reaction to people saying lightscribe? that's so out of date. :) But it works for me and until I run out of lightscribe disks Ill keep using it. :)

It would be nice to get a printer that can print right onto a dvd but I don't have much luck with home printers.

WHCC can do them for you and create custom cd holders, I almost ordered one when they were on sale last week, but I couldn't justify $30 on a cd case *thats after a winter sale discount*. Their cd/dvd's are something like $8 on their own, $4 or something with the order of a case, and $2 on their sales with a case. My luck I would get a coaster. :D
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2013
    GerryDavid wrote: »

It would be nice to get a printer that can print right onto a dvd but I don't have much luck with home printers.

Virtually every home printer will do that for you - in fact it is odd if they can't.
    I have used a Canon ip4700 for a few years now and printed 100's of CD/DVD
    I just buy spindles of "white inkjet printable" disks

Add photos/text/effects to disk writing file (I use a program called Acoustica, but the printer usually comes with a disc writer program) ... and then print directly to the disk surface to create a personalised keepsake.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2013
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    Virtually every home printer will do that for you - in fact it is odd if they can't.

Add photos/text/effects to disk writing file (I use a program called Acoustica, but the printer usually comes with a disc writer program) ... and then print directly to the disk surface to create a personalised keepsake.

Every printer ive seen for the most part feed the paper through the bottom and it wraps around and comes out where it came in. A dvd or cd would get stuck or crack in that wrapping process. :) Unless there is a trick to these printers, I cant see them doing it. :D

there are blank labels but they never print exactly centered. :)
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2013
    Every printer ive seen for the most part feed the paper through the bottom and it wraps around and comes out where it came in. A dvd or cd would get stuck or crack in that wrapping process. :) Unless there is a trick to these printers, I cant see them doing it. :D

The Epson R200 line of printers has a special tray for printing CD/DVDs and a special feed path specifically for that purpose.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2013

You must not have looked at many printers in the last 5-10 years!

I think there is only one canon that has the paper feed on the same path. All the rest feed from the back and come out the front.

In any case they come with a tray that fits in a special slot in the front of the machine. The tray gets pulled in, the disk printed and comes back out of the same slot. It's a forward and back action just like a CD Drive in a computer.

Might be time to get a bit more up to date with modern technology!
    They have been doing this for a LONG time now.

Thinking about it, I can't actually remember having a problem or failure with the printing of a single disk and I have done literally thousands of them now.
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2013
    AceCo55 wrote: »

I have 6 of the 4700's and they are a great machine. I'm sure the later 4900's are EXACTLY the same machine only with a bit f different trim on the lid and a different chipset on the cartridges. The cartridges themselves are interchangeable.

I do the same thing with the disk spindles. I have bought boxes of them ( 20 spindles I think) at a time and printed the great majority of them.