My Latest

toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
edited March 2, 2013 in Street and Documentary
About a year ago someone posted a old front of a doorway here that lead me to go to Havana

Havana lead me to go to India & Nepal, I just got back. This forum (not a person) has inspired me to enjoy experiences I never would have imagined

While I'm just passing through I thought some might enjoy some of my shots
1 Religious festival on the Ganges
RAG_2021.NEF-XL.jpg
2 Cremations during the festival
RAG_1974.NEF-XL.jpg
3 Face of a Sandu: A religious person that rubbed ashes of a cremation on his face for religious purposes
RAG_2254.NEF-XL.jpg
RAG_2245.NEF-XL.jpg
Rags

Comments

• michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2013
    Hey Rags, Gotta say that first shot is a killer. The others are nice, but not as powerful.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2013
    Wow! great set. #1 and #4 are fantastic. The man is a very nice picture, mostly due to the uniqueness of the man, but a different angle would have bee better. I realize you probably didn't have much choice. Id love to go to India one day. Keep the pics coming!
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 2, 2013
    Nice set. #4 definitely gets the "something tells me we're not in Kansas anymore" award. mwink.gif I'd be tempted to crop it a bit from the bottom and left to make the people more prominent and the steps less so.
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2013
    You were at Mela!! A friend was there as well. Great shots. Wish I'd been able to go back for it.

#1 gives me the feeling of a movie set for an epic film and captures that press of people and traffic I felt in India.

#3 is terrific. I love the colour, the face.

Thanks for sharing these and keep them coming.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography