A Different Challenge Completed...

billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
edited March 6, 2013 in The Dgrin Challenges
Just finished a Photo-A-Day challenge for the month of February with a few friends from the San Diego Digital SLR community. I participated by submitting only photos taken with, and edited on, my iPhone 4S. Take a peek at my SmugMug February PAD Gallery
Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited March 2, 2013
    awesome images Bill! And to think you used a phone to do it! What editing program app do you have on your iphone?
  • billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2013
    JAG wrote: »
    awesome images Bill! And to think you used a phone to do it! What editing program app do you have on your iphone?

Thanks, Joyce. I had a blast and learned lots.

My favorite is Snapseed. But... as the month unfolded, I added a few more that were interesting. They included:

Instagram
    BeFunky
    PS Express
    Element FX
    100 Cameras

I also experimented with replacements to the Apple Camera app. I really like both Camera Awesome (from SmugMug) and Camera +.
    Note the + is really "+" and not "Plus." Both of these camera apps allow you to define separate focus and exposure points in the frame - and both, like instagram, allow some editing from within the camera app. You do need to add the step of exporting photos to from the alternative camera to the phone's camera roll before editing with other apps.
    Bill Banning

• GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2013
    Nicely done - especially like the Silhouette in Sepia and the Mini cooper,dog & phone shots. Thanks for sharing.

Along the lines of the daily photo, I really like the exercise of keeping a daily visual journal with a smaller, easy type camera. For me it's a useful way of changing things up by expanding my POV, experimenting and sparking creativity. GP
  • tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2013
    terrific set. why do we need DSLRs?
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2013
    Very nice Bill! And very inspiring. I'll have to bookmark it and revisit from time to time.
    ~Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,933 moderator
    edited March 3, 2013
    It's a great example of "it's not the camera".
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2013
    Impressive - very nice photos, great processing and amazing quality for an iphone! - wow
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2013
    Great stuff! Inspiring me to try to do the same! Thanks for sharing!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2013
    Silhouette in Sepia
    is my favorite, thanks for sharing. Very cool series thumb.gif
  • billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2013
    Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone. It was a fun challenge and I learned a lot - much of which will be transferable to my dslr photos and processing.
    ian408 wrote: »
    It's a great example of "it's not the camera".

So true... and, I've realized that I'm never without a way to capture something that catches my eye. There's a nugget of truth to "the best camera for the job is the one you have with you..."
    Bill Banning