Options

A National & International Wedding / Portrait Referral System!

Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
edited June 24, 2013 in Weddings
Hey guys!

I would never plug something that I thought would conflict with the awesome resources that collect here on DGrin's Wedding Forum, but I've noticed that on general forums like this, it can be very hard to find people in your area to 2nd shoot with, or to find an assistant, etc.

That is why I'd like to mention The School, which aside from DGrin is the ONLY other wedding community that I participate in nowadays. All the other communities out there just seemed to drain me, with their arguing and ranting...

The School is a private, subscription-based community which ensures that all it's members are serious about business, and community-oriented. While you can certainly find that here for FREE, the reason I'm mentioning this is because The School is about to evolve into it's 3.0 version, and offer an incredibly powerful tool for referrals between photographers. If you're looking to connect with other photographers in your area to shoot with and/or refer business, I cannot recommend a better place.

You can check it out by clicking this link: http://www.photogrefers.com?kid=ZZH0

Anyways, take care everybody!

BTW DGrin is still the #3 website I spend time at on the web, behind Gmail and Facebook LOL. ;-)

=Matthew Saville=

Ritz-Wedding-13.jpg
My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2013
    I took a fast look at this site and must say it has to be one of the worst, if not the worst home page I have ever seen.

Looking at the home page I have no real info as to what the site is about, that there is a fee or what the fee covers or gets you.

It looks like you must sign up with your vanity URL, what ever that is, create a password, sign in and then get more information?

The only reason I am taking any time with this is because you posted it.

Sam
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2013
    Sam, the crypic website and lack of information is mostly because there was intentional secrecy surrounding the debut of the website and the transition of The School to the new website. To get a better feel for the community and the potential it has, I would read up moreso on the history and reputation of The School itself, instead.

Or, of course, you could just wait a few months and see what people are saying then. ;-)

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    chuckdee1chuckdee1 Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited March 15, 2013
    I think I registered.? lol.

saneeshsaneesh Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited June 24, 2013
    Matthew Saville - what a breathtaking shot! The colors, the tranquility of the calm lake and the precedent of the day this photo sets is amazing. Nice work.