D700, D600
14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
85 and 50 1.4
45 PC and sb910 x2
http://www.danielkimphotography.com

Comments

• michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2013
    I really like #1, although I would have liked to see a tad more of his torso shown in the frame thumb.gif
    wedding portfolio michaelglennphoto.com
    fashion portfolio michaelglennfashion.com
  • DangerchrisDangerchris Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2013
    Great set. The pictures feel very editorial, like a business magazine profile. Lights and body angles in a great spot for no glasses reflections. It like how he has something to do with his hands in the pictures.

Could a little rim separate his hair from the black areas of whatever that is behind him?

I can feel the brainpower behind the subject, however I worry a little bit about the laptop on the edge of the table on number 3. Although not that much because it is a Dell. :) Just kidding, I like latitudes.

Thanks for sharing.
    ---
    Chris
    www.chrisskrod.com Portfolio site for Portrait Photography
    www.chrisskrod.smugmug.com My general photo sharing site.
    www.instagram.com/chrisskrod Instagram
  • jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2013
    I think 1 is the best for an overall introduction and the rest round out the story. Good job.
  • PhilD41PhilD41 Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2013
    As an engineer myself, I love this! Great work; poses, lighting and subject mater all look great. I do agree with the hair or rim like to pull him out of the MEMS layouts you used as the background. Works great except for his hair. Only question I have is, how long did he have to clean his bench before you took the photo? ;-) I am pretty sure it doesn't always look like that. Well done, and thanks for sharing with us!
    -~= Philip =~-
    Go Shoot Something Already! - Flickr Photostream
    Have you performed a few Random Acts of Parenting today? :)
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2013
    PhilD41 wrote: »
    As an engineer myself, I love this! Great work; poses, lighting and subject mater all look great. I do agree with the hair or rim like to pull him out of the MEMS layouts you used as the background. Works great except for his hair. Only question I have is, how long did he have to clean his bench before you took the photo? ;-) I am pretty sure it doesn't always look like that. Well done, and thanks for sharing with us!

the bench took about 10 min to setup and "pose". we had to achieve a controlled clutter.
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2013
    jonh68 wrote: »
    I think 1 is the best for an overall introduction and the rest round out the story. Good job.

my thoughts exactly
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • GothamGotham Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2013
    1 is my favorite as a portrait too, but I agree that a rim light would be nice to set him off a bit.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2013
    Good stuff Daniel.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2013
    My faves are three and five. Captures the subject in his environs perfectly.

The first one is good, but something about it bothers me. Don't know for sure what exactly, but it's there.