• Options
    cgmcdonaldcgmcdonald Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2013
    Dolls are creepy...I like it!
    My Site: www.cgmphoto.us
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2013
    Ah, the places I could go with this one :D but since I am not qualified I shall leave well enough alone mwink.gif
    Looks like you got a live doll in your composition as well. Nice OOF management too as well as nice
    natural colors. Shops are an awesome place to go for so much variety and sets with all kinds of arrangements and subject matter.
    Great title for it.
    Michael
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2013
    Very nice presentation, Eric. Good technical execution.

The image strikes me as being a sad one....pretty little thing, begging for a good home. A mark of a superior image is one that evokes strong emotional responses. Therefore, you desrve a clap.gif.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2013
    cgmcdonald wrote: »
    Dolls are creepy...I like it!

Thanks for the comment Charles!
    I confess that (mild) creepiness was one of my goals in this image....
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2013
    Very nice presentation, Eric. Good technical execution.

The image strikes me as being a sad one....pretty little thing, begging for a good home. A mark of a superior image is one that evokes strong emotional responses. Therefore, you desrve a clap.gif.

Take care,

Tom

Thanks so much for the detailed, positive feedback Tom - always very helpful to learn viewer reaction.
    Evoking responses - creepy, sad, joy, pain, empathy, etc. - is always, for me, one of the most challenging (and when accomplished, rewarding) aspects of imaging.

Best -
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2013
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Ah, the places I could go with this one :D but since I am not qualified I shall leave well enough alone mwink.gif
    Looks like you got a live doll in your composition as well. Nice OOF management too as well as nice
    natural colors. Shops are an awesome place to go for so much variety and sets with all kinds of arrangements and subject matter.
    Great title for it.

Please go to those places Michael - your observations are always a wonderful blend of humor (twisted thumb.gif) and illumination.

Your comment about color is interesting to me - the venue (seen in the uncorrected image below) was a large hall hosting the biggest, most crowded, rummage sale I've ever seen. It was a truly target-rich environment, but also had the strangest color indoor lighting - it was kinda difficult to coax (anything close to) natural looking colors. Thanks very much for the feedback!

Rummage%20Sale-XL.jpg
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    Thanks for the comment Charles!
    I confess that (mild) creepiness was one of my goals in this image....

Well, you nailed the creepiness, I'm not feeling the sadness that Tom identified. What a great venue!
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2013
    Thanks for the look Cristóbal... I think, despite the tough exterior, Tom is a big softie on the inside. :D

Here is a link to a time-lapse video of this event from last year - kinda' fun.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpnfyK0NAh0
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    Thanks for the look Cristóbal... I think, despite the tough exterior, Tom is a big softie on the inside. :D

Here is a link to a time-lapse video of this event from last year - kinda' fun.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpnfyK0NAh0

Cool video!
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2013
    I keep looking at this waiting for her head to twist all the way around eek7.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2013
    rwells wrote: »
    I keep looking at this waiting for her head to twist all the way around eek7.gif

That's on the YouTube edition..... mwink.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug